1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Playing region 1 DVD's on PC

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by jimmyjj, 29 Dec 2011.

1. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

Hi there,

I am keen to buy a region 1 box set from Amazon.com.

If you are interested it is an old show called La Femme Nikita which for some reason is very hard to track down on region 2.

I know that there are various restrictions to this. I have a Samsung DVD player and a separate Samsung Blu ray player.

By the way, this is to watch on my PC. I do not own any stand alone players and I do not even own a TV.

I would like to be able to watch this show, but I do not want either of my drives getting 'locked' to region 1 just for this one show.

If anyone could give me some assistance that would be great.

Many thanks,

2. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Could you rip the DVD's to avoid region issues in the future?

Not sure if that would lock your drive in the mean-time though. Is there a region free bios available?

3. Bumfluff101

Bumfluff101 Minimodder

You could use a trial of slysofts AnyDvd to enable you to watch it. This would not lock any of your drives

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I always just flashed the dvd drive firmware with a region free one. Only need to do it once, and never be concerned about what discs will work, or need to run a software all the time.
    You should see if there is such a firmware for your drive model.