1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Playstation 3 delayed till March 2007

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 6 Sep 2006.

1. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Just shows you what Sony think of their loyal european fanbase, personally I won't be buying a PS3 period.

Sony are in big trouble.

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

This has forced Sony to withhold a £40million advertising scheme in europe :p

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

im hoping the wii comes and pisses all over them.

4. Sick Pup'

Sick Pup' What's a Dremel?

PS3 - Europe can wait?

Lo'

With the advent of slick new PC hardware (cue Core 2 Duo, DDR 800 Memory sticks, 1GB GPU cards etc etc etcetera la la at reasonable prices), who needs this puny consoles......Gourmet food or fast food?

- albeit the fact that in the very short term fast food is rather more fun (or more easy to operate for the uninitiated), gourmet food does (in all its intention and purposes) satisfy the palate that consoles cannot even fathom.....

Yet there is an alternative of sorts//// Yee olde laptops!! - on an ever increasing wave of technological advancements, portable PC gaming rigs are opening experiences that may yet overshadow both the conventional PC und its belittled family relative - das console. Imagine...WL gaming with other friends on the train/park/home - bathroom - the Kitch. - roof top on a lovely summer day whilst having simultaneously a video link - there's no better feeling (within the gaming arena) then seeing the face of a rather frustrated opponent.....

It’s all a matter of common sense really. That simple.

5. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

I can't believe the crap that Sony dishes out to Europe. The thing is people put up with it as well- they delay the PSP over here, people still buy it in hoards and countless other products that are deliberately underspec'd, overpriced and delayed for the European market that still sell so well. No wonder they act so arrogantly, they can get away with it. Sony has certainly lost me as a customer.

6. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

"I'm going to be an xbox 360. I should have done it a long time ago Sony. I SHOULD ABANDON YOU!"

7. Swafeman

Swafeman Minimodder

Your not buying one, So Sony are in the shiz :hehe:

Your forgetting about sony fanboys that will buy the ps3, no matter how delayed and how crap it is, my mates have all vowed to get one, there not even considering an xbox, if i told them there goin to have to wait 6 months, when itll probably look dated compared to pc graphics, they always come back with the same lines 'itll be worth the wait' blah blah ' there making it better, innit'

so yeah, i dont think this will affect it much, althought it will give ms a bigger headstart

8. Dr Dark

Dr Dark What's a Dremel?

Well, like everywhere else, we miss out on everything that's supposedly neat.

To be honest, I have gone way off the Sony bandwagon since PS2.... I have a Sony TV, and when that goes foom, I won't be getting anything else with a Sony badge on it... in fact what was that game that rebranded all their products "Phony"? lol

Sony really does deserve to go under for that. I mean, in real terms who would announce a new product and PROMISE delivery/stock before they'd actually tested the bleedin' technology?!

It just goes to drive down their credibility even more. Bloody corporate marketing toss.

Gimme the PC any time. Oh.... I got my Xbox360 FREE with my mobile phone! lol

9. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Is every PS2 owner a fanboy though?

I think the majority of the PS2 owners bought it because it was 'the thing to have'.

10. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

lol what a joke. I'll admit this is good for me since I don't have an HDTV yet either, but getting an Xbox 360 is mighty tempting at the moment. Either that or straight up import a US one.

11. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

haha, hope sony falls flat on its face, and takes its blu ray with it

12. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Sony are only aiming to have 400,000 units for the US and a miniscule 100,000 units for Japan at launch.

I can see fights and riots.

13. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Vapourware tbh ;)

<A88>

14. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

"starting to" ? I think it's done. ;)

No way I'm gonna bother with that console now. I dont care what games they get --- xbox360 will last me while i tidy up my pc to handle the eventual next gen of dx10 games.. i.e., crysis..

Sony - why...? What the f**k is wrong with Europe that we always get the **** end of the stick with you?

/sigh

15. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

yeah the graphics will now look slightly dated to the pc with vista and dx 10 cards so it'll no longer be "cutting edge" and i'm sure blue - ray or HD -DVD will have started to penetrate the pc market by then as well..

Going with a Wii as a) sold my 360 long ago (or the "omg thats not the washing machine it's the dam console!" ) and b) I like their focus on game quality and line up of games (even if alot are just reworked classics)

16. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

I think that's true - i like my PS2 - its OK, but in recent years Ive basically moved to the PC - i hardly ever use my PS2 now

I think this is finally going to be the last blow for the PS3

Its expensive, its full of untested technology, its not that innovative, and now its going to be after the Christmas period - GG Sony you finally killed your unborn console

Next they need it to upload a DRM root-kit/virus to your network and that would be the cream on the icing on the cake (or something like that)

17. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

You mean the Vista that will become available about the same time in March that the PoS3 comes out? Will DX10 even launch at the same time as Vista? MS doesn't have a much better track record of getting products out the door on time and in quantity. Not saying Sony is doing well, but that they both generate a large sucking sound.

18. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

Nahh, now with the PS3 being delayed, I think the Xbox 360 is definitely the way to go. Unless you've already got one.

19. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Unless Vista is delayed again, it's on track to be released in January.

20. otispunkmeyer

otispunkmeyer What's a Dremel?

and they should bundle duke nukem forever with it

Tags: Add Tags