1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Playstation 3 unboxed whilst Sony screams: "Sour Grapes!"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 25 Oct 2006.

1. Garside

Garside New Member

2. Darkedge

Darkedge New Member

PS3 heavy?
    Oh yes, it'll do your back in taking it round to friends, thats if you want to risk ruining the scratch magnet finish.
    First hand opinion..

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Bwhahaah, the ad next to the images is for Wii

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Would be coller IMO if it was black anodised brushed aluminium but oh well.

Don't sony realise you have to pay lawyers even if you don't goto court? They probably don't notice little things like that being taken from thier fat wallets.

5. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

It's odd that they don't use Sony branded discs (or is Verbatim related to them?)

6. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

So the games are copyable? Hmmm

7. bloodcar

bloodcar Active Member

No, it's a dev kit.

8. M4RTIN

M4RTIN New Member

i dont know about it being huge. its not that much bigger than the 360. and if you were to put the 360 brick with the console it'd be around the same size.

9. Adam-Mck

Adam-Mck New Member

Uhm i think it will be able to cook a steak as they did over heat at the sony press con. oh and Verbatim was the first company to manufactur Blu-Ray discs

10. r-gator

r-gator New Member

Did anyone else notice that they never showed a picture of the front of the console? It's always the back, possibly the top, but never the front. Do you suppose that Sony isn't allowing them to show the front, or did they just do a crappy job of taking pictures in their unwarranted excitement over unwrapping a shiny black waste of money?

11. M4RTIN

M4RTIN New Member

theres been a lot of photos of the front tho.. i wouldnt read anything into it.. be unusual if its any different to photos of the last few months

12. rupbert

rupbert New Member

I'm I the only one who thinks the PS3 design is ugly? :confused:

13. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

So they rounded the top to the ps2, stuck a ps3 sticker on it. Ran it under a floor buffer and presto PS3! I am surprised to not see any pictures of the unit on... working perhaps? Screenshots of this amazing operating system it is supposed to have.

It may be impressive inside, but sony has once again ace'd themselves and made it fugly again. :duh:

14. themax

themax New Member

Holy crap that was alot of cables it came with. It's a dev kit right? So hopefully we don't get all those cables they recieved (actually I wouldn't mind the HDMI). I'm pretty sure I saw RCA, HDMI, Ethernet, Power, and something else haha. As far as Lik-Sang, Sony knew what they did. If you want to shut down a company with no where near as much money as you, you bleed them dry through the court process. Only time it backfired was against Immersion, but even then what Sony paid out was hardly a dent in their coffers.

15. tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior New Member

Whilst everyone may like to take the critical angle, i'd still give the PS3 the benefit of the doubt. Sony's actions have been doubtful to say the least, but as long as they get the thing out to consumers (eventually) i'd still wager it sells well and gains back some of the market share it's lost to the 360. Let's not forget Nintendo's actions way back when shall we? :eyebrow: Hell if it wasn't for them Sony would still be making TV's and home audio systems, etc, etc.

Regardless, im just enjoying anticipating the competition that's to come. :baby:

16. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff™ Inside

i can't help but think it looks far too much like the PS2, i'll admit i'm an Xbox person but aside from saying i'm not a fan of the looks i can't wait to see how it works (i.e if they've stopped it from overheating)....perhaps having the PSU external is what made cooling the 360 easier because i'm sure the cell proccessor uses power like its going out of fashion and produces alot of heat that when combined with the heat from the power supply and power regulation circitry thats all inside something about the size of the 360 can't be an easy one to deal with...although i will also admit its better if they can get it to work this way than having and external power breeze block that has connector that looks like it should make the sound of numerous explosive bolts detonating to de-tatch it from the console before you can remove it

17. olly_lewis

olly_lewis New Member

I have to say that the PS3 is one beautiful piece of engineering, though many of you think that it is a big mutha of a games console, and you are right in that respect, the black mirrored finish is beautiful and the overall design in much nicer than the Xbox 360 and the black finish keeps the aesthetics of the entire playstation line e.g. the black PSP.

Though I know that Sony has made many, many, MANY mistakes with the PS3 and their entire product line in general I think that the PS3 does have a great deal of potential and the PS3 can be a great product if Sony realize the problems with pricing. I hope that they lower the price several months after the initial release then perhaps it can claw back some of the customers it has lost over the last year or two with delays and the monstrous behemoth that is Sony itself.

18. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Well if it delivers good (exclusive) games, is reliable and comes down in price alot then I'll get it. But with sony's track record I don't think it will be very reliable and will take a while to come down in price.

19. saeghwin

saeghwin New Member

Agreed. The 360, without giant power brick, is about 12.2 inches long. The PS3 is 13 inches. Wow, it's so much bigger! :eyebrow:

And it doesn't look any more reflective/scratchable than an iPod. In fact, that was the reason I returned my 3G iPod and don't keep one right now--I was cleaning the back more than listening to music. But I agree, a smooth brushed metal would have been better in the end.

20. Grinch123456

Grinch123456 New Member

Well, whatever. *goes back to computer*

Tags: Add Tags