1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 PlayTV in action

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BigD79, 15 Feb 2008.

1. BigD79

BigD79 Gadding about...

Auntie got to play around with PlayTV and made a video.

Looks pretty cool, the PSP stuff looks great, think i'll treat me sen to a PSP/PlayTV when its relased.

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

That's pretty smart.

3. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

the streaming to the psp is pretty nice but i doubt id ever use it.... (maybe if i was getting bored on the loo during an extreme bout of the shits.... ;) )
    Also id have thought the loading times to get into playtv on the ps3 would be a lot less given the power of the system...

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

THis is what im looking for, so I can use remote play and watch TV at work and also when on holiday overseas when meeting the inlaws because I dont understand chinese when they watch TV.

Great that you can record TV and watch another TV, shame about not being able to record TV while playing agame but it did say that they are working on that and a software update later on might offer it.

Sames my buying a HD recorder and having another box under the TV. Just got to get me a 320gb hard drive now :)

5. FaIIen

FaIIen origami killer

you know that remote play will be fully integrated over the internet the same way as it is now locally(same house). So you will be able to access your PS3 through your PSP from a different country. Off course you'll need a really good upload rate at home and a fast access point for your psp, but it's still a mind blowing feature to have.

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Remote play is fully intergrated over the internet, ive tried it.

Was at work and used a local hot spot near work and was able to log into my PS3 over the internet and play my PS1 game destruction derby from it and watch a video.

They say the TV will be used like that too. So im looking forward to this.

7. FaIIen

FaIIen origami killer

have you tried a PS3 game over the internet ? I heard that not every game plays but still this feature is sick as it upgrades your psp functionality too.

8. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

^ I've only heard of Lair working like that, but that game was cack. Any others?

9. FaIIen

FaIIen origami killer

yeh me too. I only heard lair is remote play enabled. I wonder why the keep that feature disabled for other games. :confused:

10. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I read that PlayTV will also be 100% DRM Free.

11. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

is that coming to North America or staying in Europe?