1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Please help a fallen PC loyalist

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Balkmeister, 16 Apr 2011.

1. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I see someone mentioned Viva Pinata, i must +1 this. There really is a surprisingly large and in depth game underneath the childlike appearance. The second one (Trouble in Paradise) expands on it, has much more to do and is generally better all round.

Also Beautiful Katamari is available on 360 for some crazy, wtf, omgthisdamnmusicisstuckinmyheadforever silliness.

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I completely forgot about Trouble in Paradise, i think i was waiting for the price to go down. I'l go look for a copy now.

3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Yeah VP:TIP is awesome fun. There's so much double entendre too, it keeps me amused :)

I actually really did not get on with Beautiful Katamari. I didn't think it worked on the 360 controller well, but then I'd played Katamari Damacy an insane amount on the ps2 and it just wasn't as good in my mind.

4. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I guess for me it wasn't so much the game play, or the graphics. Whilst I thought they were good, I have seen better for example on the PS3. If anything for me what keeps me going back to Halo is the story line. I guess it helps if you've played the original title, on the original xbox or indeed on the PC (although the PC ported version was a horrid port)

Of course this opens up the fact that Bungee are just a bunch of sell outs as I remember seeing a game play trailer for the original game and it was going to be PC only.

Like others have said each platform has it's pros and cons. I love my 360 for aquick blast of a say a Ferrari Enzo in Forza 3, or a quick blast around in Halo Reach. I never really set out to actually own a 360 as said before as I was pretty much gifted it. A friend owed me money, he also owed me a few favors and as he had no cash, so gave me the 360 and all the games he had with it.

Would I go out and buy a 360 ? I was planning to at some point, given how much they have dropped in price. However I don't like the fact that if I want to game online with it I have to pay for a yearly sub. Quite a bitter pill to swallow when you think you buy a PC game (L4D2 for example) and you can play online with no extra charge.

Also when you find out that the PSN (for PS3) is FOC, but again its all swings and roundabouts, and I agree that all platforms out there certainly have their place in the market and I'd be a fool (and a troll) not to see it any other way.

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I agree, they all have their good/bad sides. Paying for Gold does suck quite a lot. I can't see it changing now though as MS know that enough people will pay. It's a shame they didn't set it up so Silver accounts can game online, but maybe miss out on some extras we get through Gold, maybe limit the free hours or something. Ah well. One thing though, PSN is free but it's a bit of a joke in comparison to XBL. Definitely make use of that 30 day free trial you get when you first create your account!

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Hehehe, Soul Calibur 4 was the main reason I got my 360 :D Always been a fan of them.

I'd recommend Crackdown 1, Shadow Complex and Darksiders. I've not really played all that much on the 360, usually it's just Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo hours on end :D

7. Behemoth

I keep saying I'll grab live gold off play.com as they seem to be the cheapest around for it, but its a more case of me finding other things to spend money on. Usually games on Steam. Wish they'd stop it with their crazy deals !

8. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Forgive me if it has already been recommended. But a great Platformer/Adventure game you should try out is Kameo. It's a little dated (360 launch title I believe) but the game was very fun (and still is from time to time for me). You should be able to find it for next to nothing now in the bargain bins or used.

9. Behemoth

I've got that, never actually played it though.

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

it's a good game. very short though.

11. Behemoth

Will be putting my 360 on the 40 inch led in a few weeks time so shall play it then :)