Cooling Please help me find a chipset WB that fits

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by OneMadPoptart, 27 Dec 2003.

1. OneMadPoptart

OneMadPoptart What's a Dremel?

I've got a Gigabyte 8knxp (875p chipset) that I'm starting setup for watercooling for the first time.

I have a Dangerden RBX CPU and Maze4 GPU block, as well as a Zchip chipset block.

The problem is the Zchip block only has mounting holes from 2.1 to 2.43 inches apart and my 8knxp has mounting holes around 2.7 inches apart :waah:

Can anyone recommend a decent chipset waterblock that would fit these mounting holes for a 1/2''ID system?

I have test fin the other style of Zchip from dangerden (mounting loops, but the motherboard doesnt have that type) and it fits if I slightly drill an extension into the lucite top, but I'd rather not do that if there is a better block out there :rolleyes:

Thanks!

2. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

in all honesty, i've found no difference between having my chipset cooled with a wb & using a decent nb heatsink

in fact, i've found the nb block makes my temps worse (decreases flow), so maybe get one of the nice new swifty nb heatsinks like I've got (i love it, looks class, performs well) or a decent Zalman passive one

3. naelq

naelq What's a Dremel?

for you to feel the difference, you must overrun your chipset with extra FSB (heavy OC!) so you will then feel it!

4. Lowsidex2

Lowsidex2 Minimodder

I love gigabyte and only buy their boards now, but they use some cheap fans on the NB. I've yet to get a board where that darn thing didn't whine and groan for a couple minutes when booting up. Most noticably when it's colder than usual(in winter I keep my room really cold at night.) Just from the noise standpoint it is worth WCing it.

What about something like THIS. Something more generic. I don't know what kind of mounting bracket it comes with but maybe you could make your own or mod it enough to work.

5. OneMadPoptart

OneMadPoptart What's a Dremel?

Lowsidex2:
    I've looked at the koolance blocks, but they dont really fit into my board in the right location for the rest of the setup, but thanks!

cderalow:
    Why not cool the NB with water? It's quiet, cools down overclocked systems quite well, and just looks cool anyway:D

Does anyone else out there have a similar Gigabyte board with NB watercooling?

Thanks!

6. SysCrusher

SysCrusher What's a Dremel?

Check out DD's site. They have the top, fittings to convert to your 875 chipset.

"Convert Existing Z-Chip Block to Intel 865/875

Includes lucite top, installed fittings, screws to assemble top, socket wrench,

replacement o-ring, 4 aluminum tabs, and 4 springs

$14.95"

LOOK HERE

The top you have is for mostly amd, nforce chipsets and the like.

7. SysCrusher

SysCrusher What's a Dremel?

Never mind. Sorry OneMadPoptart, I see what you mean now. Looks like Gigabyte decided to go outside of the intel specs and standard.DUH! I hate it when MB manufactures do that.

Only thing i know of is to drill the holes out. Sucks to do it that way but might be the only choice.

Check D-tek out.

Tags: