1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Plexi case window

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Longtalltechsan, 25 Oct 2005.

1. Longtalltechsan

Longtalltechsan What's a Dremel?

Howdy everyone. I have a question. I just aquired a new computer case and want to cut a hole (of course) in the side. What does everyone suggest for mounting the window to the metal side panel? I did it once and used double sided tape, but that is too amateur. Just looking for a little advice here. Thanks.

2. Ener

Ener What's a Dremel?

well, what i think would look cool, (for a kinda industrial look) drill holes a little bit from the hole (for the window) and about every 10 cm around the the window hole, dill a hole then drill holes in the same place in the plexi and use little screws and bolts or pop rivites (depending the thickness of the plexi)

thats just my suggestion, i saw a good mod with a window like that and i liked the way it looked

(also try google-ing it)

3. Longtalltechsan

Longtalltechsan What's a Dremel?

I had thought about doing something like that as well and do like that look. But if I wanted a really clean look where the window is attached w/o seeing anything hold it on, what would be good for that?

4. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Get some u-chanel molding, run that around the edge of the metal, then just glue the plexi in.

5. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Just use heavy duty double sided tape? If you leave a lot of extra plexi inside, you have a lot of surface area for tape, heavy duty double sided tape will hold very well, I have a tiny bit of thig double sided tape holding up a lamp on a wall at home!

6. Ener

Ener What's a Dremel?

on the cheep side yeah use the tape, but it really depends on what you like, just do what you like the look of or whats easyer for you, eh just my 2 cents

7. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Thats what I do :) Works wonders.

8. theurgy

theurgy What's a Dremel?

Alternate to the tape I'd suggest gluing on some of those mirror holder tabs and use the ones that allow you to twist them open and remove the glass.

9. Ener

Ener What's a Dremel?

do you mean like those 3M ones, that you can stick to the wall, then just pull the sticky stuff, and it comes off clean?, or someother thing?