1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemon And lvl of geekhood

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by infered101, 23 Apr 2007.

1. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

Alright i must admit that I did enjoy playing all the pokemon games on the nintendo handhelds. Here comes the question though i havent played one since (i think) saphire, so how much of a nerd would i be if i went and bought one of the ones that just came out. IM a college student so in the back of my mind all i can think of is Pokemon what a nerd (which isnt a bad thing). I mean the games are pretty envolved games, you go out catch animals (er pokemon) lvl them up fight other people and travel around, what other games have all of that.
    I guess waht im trying to say (its late) is should i feel childish if i buy one of the new pokemon games just because there pokemon or should i man up and say well its a good gaming environment. Im not attached to the franchise in any other way (other then having the cards stored somewhere(they will be worth something sooner or later)).

2. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

I've not played Pokémon since they decided they would randomly discover 100 more. That killed it for me, after years of familiarity :p

But still, what a game. Just go and get one ;)

3. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

the hardest part about buying pokemon is telling your parents you're gay.

or something.

but who cares? they're games, play whatever takes your fancy.

(i've only played pokemon yellow, i didn't really engage with it tbh)

4. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Play what you like and nuts to the naysayers. I'm 22 years old and will probably pick up Diamond in the next couple of weeks. It's a good game, so...I don't care if it's intended for 12 year olds.

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I put Pokemon and Warcraft in the same category.....Gay. But whatever floats ur boat.

6. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

I have a Pokémon t-shirt. I'm going to wear it today, just to offend you atanum.

P.S. Anime's gay :p

7. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Lol funny thing is that im watching BlueDragon Anime which is based on a Jap RPG game.

I didnt find Pokemon silly when first released but they seem to be really milking the cashcow now-a-days.

8. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Meh, everyone liked pokemon.

I've been playing red version on my Iriver (mp3player) under rockbox.

9. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Why care what people think of you? :|

10. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I dont get pokemon, I was watching it on the 1up show and still dont get it. Looks to be the most boring game going, turn based card game or somthing.

It reminds me of those Barcode Battler's. Me my bro got one and thought what the hell. Each have monsters that have different points. Put them together and the computer decides which wins. Wheres the fun?

I belive Pokemon is the same right?? not sure and might be wrong as I never played one. But thats that I thought after watching 1up.

11. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Pokemon is about leveling your creatures up to make them stronger then knowing when to switch to a creature that can deal more damage due to certain moves and the opponents weaknesses.

12. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

It's kind of like a strategic role-playing game, I guess.

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

As shameful as it is, I quite liked the games, I played all the 3 originals to death (red, blue and yellow), then bought ruby for the GBA. Since then I haven't really played, but they are good games.

14. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

So im not the only one that thinks the games are fun and envolved. I mean I understand some of your points of view about pokemon and i do agree the show is fairly childish, I mean the dude cries every five seconds (NO PICCAKKOOOO STFU ALREADY and GROW SOME).

FOd while warcraft is guite bad (sucks the life and money out of well alot of people) i dont think its gay come on Blizzard made a game that makes mass money and for some mass enjoyment why is that gay. I guess some people just want to STIck it to the man as they say. ]

OH and most anime is gay. I dont know i just cant watch the stuff (other then yuor ocasional naruto)

Waffles how do you play Red on an Iriver.

15. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

The point of Pokemon is you gotta catch 'em all.

Sorry I just had to say it :hehe:

16. Springs

Springs Boing boing

i liked the old games... i could finish the whole game in about 2 hours... :D when i was still at school, people use to come to me to help them out when they got stuck...

one thing i would of liked is wireless gaming earlier on than it is now... back in the day all the annoying people use to walk past as you were trying to multiplay and yank the cable out.. :S

good games anyway... i still picked up "ruby"?? when it was out in america when i was over there... played it while on the road trip...

17. riggs

riggs ^_^

Hmmm...I used to play Ruby back in the day, but never actually finished it. I had a quick bash on Diamond last night and I'm not too impressed tbh. It's the same old Pokemon game with slightly updated graphics, and about a zillion more monsters to catch.

And god damn it, it still only allows you to walk in 4 directions!!!

I'll stick with it for a little while longer before making a final decision though...

18. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Pokemon Ruby on the GBA stole an entire summer from me when it was released. I will almost certainly buy the new Pokemon game in the summer holidays, so I have plenty of time to play it without the missus catching me in the act (so to speak).

Sublime games, but the rest of the franchise seems plain unbearable to me.

19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I loved Ruby to bits, it was much, much better than Gold and Silver, because it had all the original Pokémon in it, and had some nice touches too. (Bikes were the best bit imho).

20. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

My friend bought it. He seems to like it a lot.

Tags: