1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows POP: Warrior Within

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Conrad, 13 Dec 2004.

1. Conrad

Conrad What's a Dremel?

Started playing this a few days ago and i have to say its superb, sands of time was excellent apart from the dodgy camera angles but glad to say its much improved this time round. Alot of nice new features plus some swish visuals :) anyone else tried it?

2. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Do you get to control time again? Like in the first one?

3. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Yeah.

Started playing it on Saturday. At first I wasn't too keen but I'm starting to think I prefer it to the 1st one (which I loved). It is a lot more combat based (well, so far anyway). The graphics on the xbox version are good but I bet the PC would be better but this is definately a console game.

Even my girlfriend likes watching me play this (and the 1st one) She says it's like watching a film :hehe: I must admit I preferred the prince in Sands of Time. He was funny and I liked the comments he used to come out with, like when he died "no, no, no. It didn't happen like that" in a cool storytelling way.

The combat moves are going to take some getting used to. In places this game seems a bit more like Ninja Gaiden than Sands of time.

Great game tbh. I would recommend playing Sands of Time first if you haven't played that already. You wouldn't want to miss out on the storyline and also the puzzles on the first one ;)

4. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I'm really looking forward to playing this but I've got too many other games to play for the moment. The frist one was great but too short.

My g/f liked watching me play POP Sands of time too. Normaly she just gets bored and does something else but she liked watching it.

5. Conrad

Conrad What's a Dremel?

I must say the combat/combo moves are just awesome, i've hit a few outstanding combo's in the middle of fights when you resort to just button bashing :D It's good to see a range in fighting strategy's as well, the regular grunts are easy to dispose off but when you come up against something a bit more difficult you gotta use your noodle and work out a plan.

The best thing about the game has to be the level design, sometimes its really stupid and i cant see the next jump or ledge for looking at it but they are so well thought out. I'm inside the clockwork tower just now and its simply awesome.

6. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I got this yesterday on the Game website for £20. I can't play it til Christmas though :waah:

7. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Awww so many let downs!!

1) Weak, fragmented story!
    2) It's not the same actor's voice :waah:
    3) Maybe it's just me but does anyone else find it a lot more difficult that SoT??
    4) It's just TOO serious!

8. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I agree with all of those points but I still think it's a great game. I like the fact that it's harder than the 1st. Despite the fact that they have taken out a lot of what was cool in the 1st, it's still a great formula backed up with great gameplay and top-notch production, which makes it hard to put down.

9. Conrad

Conrad What's a Dremel?

I'd say the storyline was better in sands of time and it kept you more involved as each level went along, esp as it developed a relationship with the girl in it. Plus some of the levels were worked around her and helping her move on to the next bit before you could.

Overall i'd say WW is better than SOT, it just feels more polished and the addition of the new moves really makes it fun to play altho it is harder than SOT. But remember the original POP wasnt an easy game when it first came out and is still a classic. WW really reminds me of playing the original and how much fun it was.

10. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

I've only had it a couple of days and have noticed some linearity. I just find myself going backwards and forwards without much happening. That said, some of the moves and puzzles are great and the graphics are nice :) .

11. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Well, I finally finished it last night - but I didn't have all the life upgrades, and hence didn't have the water sword, so no beating up the Daharka, and no seeing the alternative ending. I'd like to go through it again and try and get said sword - can anyone point me to the life ugrade locations? I know about the ones in the library, and the one that's behind the sliding stone in the fortress.

Of course it may not be worth doing again. You tell me... ;)

12. mushky

mushky gimme snails

i stopped playing when I got a mint copy of ICO on PS2

13. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

ICO? :confused: .

Death

14. mushky

mushky gimme snails

If you like POP then you should check this out. Its probably the most under-rated PS2 game of all time. Its like POP but much more puzzle-based and, well, totally captivating and spellbinding. Also quite rare now so get a nice copy off ebay while you can. I saw a sealed one go for about £90 last week.

Get the limited edition with the 4 art cards.

15. DeathAwaitsU

Ahhhh i know what it is now, i got sent a demo disc before it came out and it was rather good, taking that girl everywhere gets annoying tho. Might get a copy as i forgot all about it :hehe: .

Death

16. mushky

mushky gimme snails

lifelike then ;)

17. DeathAwaitsU

:lol: yea but ICO won't burn a hole in your pocket everytime you go somewhere new :hehe: .

Death

18. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

I have it on the Xbox, it's very good. I love the music and all the nice fighting moves, but the game is so damn buggy. Enemies disappearing into thin air and still attacking you, cut scenes not starting bugging the save game permenantly, ambient/combat music getting mixed up and starting at the wrong times, bosses re-appearing after being killed...

Apparently there will be patches for all this, but I really hope this isn't the future of console gaming. I was considering returning it, but I bought it on offer so it's not a big deal.

19. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I've not had many obvious bug problems with mine on the GC, but a friend of mine managed to really screw around with it. He managed to make it so that the prince turned into another character form the game. It also made his sands never ending.

I don't know if it was a cheat or a bug but it meant that cut scenes wouldn't start and he could get no farther in the game.

20. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I haven't noticed any of these problems. They sound annoying :(

Tags: