1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Portable "doctor" USB drive?

Discussion in 'Software' started by dave_salmon, 2 Apr 2010.

1. dave_salmon

dave_salmon What's a Dremel?

I was wondering if it would be possible to install a variety of Virus/malware/spyware removal, Reg cleaner(s), defragger(s), etc on to a USB pen for a kind of handy “diagnosis and treatment” tool for suffering or crippled systems?

I’m thinking:
    Anti-vir
    Anti-malware
    Anti-spyware
    Reg cleaner
    Defragger
    Junk files cleaner
    Process explorer

Primarily for XP systems but maybe for Vista and 7 systems too.

Any one know of any kind of "all in one" software or a project similar that I could use?

It would help me no end when fixing friends/family PC’s that are infested with god knows what.

2. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

PC Repair system from daily cup of tech forms the basis of my usb toolkit, no longer available from the author but can be downloaded here.
    For anti virus/malware I've added Clamwin portable and Superantispyware. Portableapps.com is a good place to find other usb portable software.

dave_salmon likes this.
  3. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Hiren's BootCD (fantastic collection of software) can be installed to a USB drive.

dave_salmon likes this.
  4. dave_salmon

dave_salmon What's a Dremel?

Awesome advice as usual! I'll have a tinker with these lovely looking progs!

5. Daytona178

Daytona178 What's a Dremel?

I have considered this in the past but in the end of the day i would rather just have the most up to date version of each program instead.

6. allan29t

allan29t What's a Dremel?

The first thing is to prevent.

So, an antivirus with real time scan and a firewall who block connections in and out is the basic and often,enough.I use avg antivirus and zonealarm firewall.

Usually I do not use cleaners, defragment tools.

Why to make your life harder?

I use a software to make backup of C:\ and if I have a problem I restore the image and that's it.here you can find Easeus Todo Backup who is good and have free version.