1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Portable/mobile phone charger

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 7 Apr 2016.

1. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I got the OnePlus power bank off Gearbest for about a tenner and it's brilliant, but I'm sure others with the same rating are just as good.

Just wanted the one which matches my phone ;)

Took about 10 days to arrive.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

That is useful information as I have a couple of them laying around doing nothing.

5. Xir

Xir Modder

My powerbank, (tiny as it is) died because carrying it around with the cable plugged in broke the connector.
    I really only need it when using the phone as a satnav (cause that drains the battery quite fast).

So how do you guys avoid this? I mean, if I need to put it on a table and not touch it to recharge I might as well recharge it properly, the powerbank is for carrying around, for in-pocket-recharging. :confused:

6. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

The oneplus powerbank has been great for me.

7. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

I've had no trouble with my older-model EasyAcc 10Ah power bank.

8. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I've never had any trouble with anything that has lots of decent review on Amazon. My last couple have been "Swees" branded as I've found (probably due to them being cheap and lacking some of the more advanced features and protection) they handle powering non-phone devices well.

I have a little cheap inline USB voltage/amperage meter (something I'd recommend) and the voltage has typically been within specifications (4.75-5.25V as I recall) with most cheap banks I've bought off Amazon, and the speed of charging (amps) appears typically much more dependant upon the cable and device than the charger (within the specifications of the output on the power bank at least).

I think a lot of people use power banks as a portable charging station of sorts rather than commonly using their phone while connected to it on a regular basis. If you find the output on the bank breaks often because of this then maybe a one with a short built in cable in addition to a normal output would be good from a durability and portability pov: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...s=aps&field-keywords=powerbank+built+in+cable

Last edited: 14 Apr 2016
  9. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

Swees, you say? I'll just leave this here. *wanders off, muttering about a lack of protection, all right...*

10. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

:worried:

I'm much more picky about my mains to usb power supplies. I basically only ones made by large reputable manufacturers.

11. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I use one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01422TC14?psc=1

At 20,000 mah capacity I can use it to charge mine and my wife's phone for a week if absolutely needed and they are not expensive at all. Takes a while to recharge, not really surprising given its capacity but holds the charge for months.