1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Portal 2 Countdown Timer Reaches Zero

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 15 Apr 2011.

1. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

2. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Active Member

3. smc8788

smc8788 ...at least I have chicken

Exactly. Just trying to get these potatoes is loads of fun and I'm sure that will occupy me enough until the scheduled release anyway, but having this kind of user interaction, where Valve have effectively put the exact release time of one of the biggest titles of the year in the hands of its customers, is something that no other developer has even come close to matching.

It may be disappointing if you were hoping for the game to be released today, but that just goes to show what high expectations people have from Valve (who else would release a game 5 days early?), and just how damn unpredictable they are. One thing's for sure, no Valve release is ever boring :lol:

4. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Member

Oooooooo...to buy into the hype? Or not?

Nope ....not today Gladis... ta anyway.

5. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

Was Portal that good that everyone is freaking out over P2? I have P1 sitting in my steam account and never even opened it. . .

6. Toploaded

Toploaded New Member

Not even sure they need all this hype. They had me at 'Portal 2'. And what's a day here or there? If this whole thing would make it come out a few weeks early I might be more interested in it's progress.

The potato sack is a cracking deal if you don't down many of the games on it (which I do). And the fact you can gift the games you do own makes it fair for those that only own one or two.

7. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

well clearly your not gonna know until you actually play it.. If you own a copy wats stopping you?! Start the journey for cake already!

8. GW42

GW42 New Member

For me, the best bit about the first Portal was that it was so unexpectedly good. no hype, just included in the orange box. To this day I'm not sure why (I'd not read any reviews and didn't really know anything about it), but I decided to play portal before HL2. I was very pleasantly surprised - it actually felt like something new, not just another FPS shooter etc... HL2 almost felt like a let down after that.

Whether It'll be as good the second time round? I hope it'll certainly be longer if it's a standalone full price game, and hopefully they'll have explored the gameplay possibilities more as well.

9. TWeaK

TWeaK Member

It looks like the ARG's coming along nicely. One down, 12 more to go!

Last edited: 16 Apr 2011
  10. wuyanxu

wuyanxu still wants Homeworld 3

11. TWeaK

TWeaK Member

Scratch that, apparently that's a myth. Also, according to RPS you need to actually be playing the game (or at least producing keystrokes) for the time to count.

Last edited: 16 Apr 2011
  12. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

13. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

:/ is keeping my pre-order on steam even worth it?

I will probably get 2 more days of play time (i get free 2nd day shipping from amazon), but amazon has it up for $34.99 for the PC and PS3.... that is a REALLY good deal.... help me decide

14. TWeaK

TWeaK Member

Up to you Volund, I read someone else on another thread asking the same thing. They decided to keep it given that they'd get it slightly earlier and get a TF2 pin. If price was really that important I'm sure you could wait a couple months - no doubt Portal 2 will be in the Summer sale :p

15. r8bwp

r8bwp New Member

I woke up today to find that i had been gifted rush from a fellow gamer. I was overjoyed to play a new game after spending all my dosh on a new computer build, so totally skint. Didn`t know about portal2 and its release hype.

16. thehippoz

thehippoz New Member

17. wuyanxu

wuyanxu still wants Homeworld 3

i got Cave Johnson!

think i shall now start a tier 4 research program

18. GiantKiwi

GiantKiwi New Member

i got GlaDOS :>

19. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

46 hours.... hm... That means 19th 12:00 ? Wow, good job, game will launch 5-7 hours sooner :D.

20. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Member

Tags: Add Tags