1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Portal 2 Gameplay demo

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 16 Jun 2010.

1. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

You are now reinstalling portal and playing it through before going to bed tonight dreaming of portal 2. Also available on ps3 with steamcloud. Eat it xbros.

Last edited by a moderator: 17 Jun 2010
  2. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Fixed it for you - Just enter the code from youtube links in the youtube wrap. IE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5THiN8szSKM :)

Last edited: 16 Jun 2010
  3. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Blah buggering youtube links. Cheers.

Enjoy guys, because it will be GOTY 2011

4. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Second video is amazing, really clever stuff. Looks even harder than the first game though (I never finished the super advanced challenges or whatever they were called).

5. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

OK those ideas are pretty smart. I'm really looking forward to this!

6. riggs

riggs ^_^

Do we know if the voice used for the sphere thingy is real, or just a placement till they find another voice actor? It's a bit weird having such an unusual british accent...almost sounds a little Noel Fielding-esque, but not as good.

7. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

The bouncy and and speed stuff looks really exciting, I was worried portal2 would just be a story extension, nice that they have added lots of proper new features :)

8. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

The effects for the gel are kind of lame right now, but I'm sure Valve will come up with something clever..

Hopefully they'll do another 'box' package, the Orange Box was great.

9. matt...

matt... Slacker

looks awesome - can't wait... but I'm going to have to :-(

10. Idioteque

Idioteque Telephasic Mongoose

Looks bleedin' amazing. Think I may be looking forward to this equal amounts as the next half life!

Do wonder if this man will play into it at all. But I guess regular old GLaDOS is back...

Last edited: 16 Jun 2010
  11. JCBeastie

JCBeastie What's a Dremel?

Don't mind the voice/accent so much, but I hope it'll be getting the same auto-tuning 'robot' effect as GLaDOS and the turrets.

EDIT:

"Sadly, Doug Lombardi from Valve told Wired.com that the Wheatley voice in the E3 demo is placeholder audio provided by Valve animator Richard Lord. Lord’s performance may or may not appear in the final game."

Last edited: 17 Jun 2010
  12. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Edited as original post now has been sorted out with all 3 videos, good work.

Last edited: 18 Jun 2010
  13. Oggyb

Oggyb Mutant

Glad to hear that the personality blob's voice is just a placeholder. It would be very unlike Valve to incorporate such an unrefined performance (no offense to the animator lol) into a release.

Nice way to start the game though :) he represents the new companion cube element I guess.

14. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

I for one really liked the voice, it's refreshing from the standard americanised voice acting, and gives the sphere a real personality. Really hope they keep it :)

As for the trailer and the three gameplay demos... they had me dropping my jaw and just smiling like an idiot. Seriously can't wait for the game to come. Getting all edgy, even more than for HL2EP3, tbqh. Reminds me of my pre-HL2 craze :D

15. Idioteque

Idioteque Telephasic Mongoose

Agreed, I like the voice as well. A little Noel Fieldingy... They are debating keeping it as teh interwebs community is in favour of it. But I think it needs something... A few electronic tics. A bit of autotuning maybe. And certainly the guy needs to reread the lines. He mumbles a lot.

I want the soundtrack to this games so bad.... Just seems a lot more grown up than Portal in every way.

16. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

I could tell it was just a temp voice it didn't fit with the game.

If the sphere thing talks it should sound similar to the gun turret things in the original.

"who are you"? "I forgive you"

Classic !

17. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

The idea for this story and the incorporation of the new element, particularly the tractor beams & lasers (LOVE te sound of the turrets being burnt) pretty much guarantee that this game is going to be epic in every way possible.

18. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

Anyone else notice a download on steam yesterday completing for "Portal: First Slice"? I already own the full game, however last night I got a download complete message for "Portal: First Slice" while downloading some C&C games... I didn't have any download for it in my downloads window, but I know for 100% sure it said Portal: First Slice, which is odd because it's the demo, yet I already have the full version...

19. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

Oohhh it burns! :)

I can't wait for this game.

20. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Looking good!