1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Portal 'one fifth as likely to crash on Mac than on PC' - Valve

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Warrior24_7, 21 May 2010.

1. October

October Mariachi Style

Warrior doesn't have an opinion. Except that PCs suck, for which you have to question the motives of belonging to a (primarily PC) hardware-focussed community. I have no problems with consoles or talking about them but it gets a little old when every thread is just a variation on ZOMG! teh pc R teh suXX0r!!! The fact that this one has an actual interesting basis is just a fluke.

2. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yeah, I mean I see differences of opinion on this forum every day, and I have them with other members from time to time. But that doesn't mean they should all be banned.

The difference with Warrior is that he's antagonistic, rude, and always has to get the last word in. His 'threads' do nothing but annoy people and are based solely around the fact that he is an anti-PC troll posting on a (generally) pro-PC forum, and he knows that. I understand the value off free speech and respect that it's given quite high regard on this forum, but he adds nothing of value to the community whatsoever.

Ergo: Warrior, welcome to me ignore list. Population: you.

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

That's a bit of a generalisation, just because someone is gaming on a mac doesn't mean they don't know how to play your game just as well as you. They might a PC and have been gaming on it longer than you.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

5. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Max Headroom was mind blowingly awesome.

On topic; I for one welcome the Fruit Fondlers and the Children of Linus to the gaming world. With Steam not only being adopted by their respective platforms, but also allowing cross platform multiplayer with our established base of Window Lickers, the desktop may once again be the primary and lucrative focus for games developers (and secretaries.)

Zurechial and October like this.
  6. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

There was a joke there... I think you may have missed it. :p

(My first PC game was Wolfenstein 3D, so yeah I'm pretty new)

Best putdown of the thread.

With regards to bans, there is a report button.