1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Post Mortem - any ideas on a 19" monitor?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gulliver, 25 Feb 2012.

1. Gulliver

Gulliver Virtutem petamus

My antedeluvian 15" second monitor - please don't laugh - has just died.
    It was linked up to an old PC which I used only occasionally so I don't want to spend much on a replacement, though I would use it as a second screen when flight simming.

For my modern PC, I have a Dell U2410 but since desk space is a bit tight, I'm looking for something similar in style, but certainly no bigger than 20" - preferrably with a matching 16:10 aspect ratio.
    I'm very happy with the Dell (and the pixel perfect guarantee that came with it) and am looking at their P1911 model.

Any comments about this Dell P1911 display or alternatives would be most welcome.

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Ohh good choice. You won't have the silver line around the monitor, and it's really an office monitor, so expect a medium range TN panel. The stand looks like in't in plastic, based on the pictures.. anyway it looks different.

Also, I don't think you have much choice... even without the size limit, the 20inch and 22inch now follow the (in my opinion), much uglier look and much lower end of the U2412M, instead of the the U2410.

While I don't know every single monitor on the market, and able to find a similar look, I highly doubt that another manufacture will have such a similar look, especially on the disappearing market of 17, 19, 20 inch monitor market.

3. Gulliver

Gulliver Virtutem petamus

Hi GoodBytes...
    Thanks for your prompt response - much appreciated.
    I would consider going up to 20" but definitely no bigger - in the meantime I'll keep looking (and listening).
    Cheers

4. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

Why not go 1600 x 1200? Then it will fit next to your dell if you want to go dual screen.