1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Post Your Blu-Ray/HD-DVD Collection

Discussion in 'General' started by Pieface, 29 Apr 2010.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

As soon as I have surplus money, the Life and Planet Earth series are mine.

Planet Earth... /drool

2. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Blu-rays are mostly region free.

3. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

I have both, the Life one works better as a series than planet earth imo. Theyre both very good though

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Heh, maybe so. The thing that bothers me is the overlapping of some bits between the life set and planet earth set. Bugs the crap out of me thinking 'I'm sure I've seen this before'.

5. kylesaisgone

kylesaisgone What's a Dremel?

And here I thought filesharing would end buying DVD's/Blu-Rays, etc.

6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

downloading a 12gb bluray dvd? Not until the average joe has a 50mb connection. Even then, people who buy blu rays, well I doubt they download all their movies. Besides, you're not gonna buy some random movie that you wanna watch once on blu ray. You're gonna buy movies you think are worth it.

7. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I know we're not supposed to discuss piracy, but I can honestly say that I straddle the issue. I pirate films and buy ones that I love (because seriously, Blu-Ray is worth it).

I remember seeing some similar statistic cited somewhere about music, that people who pirate the most also buy the most. We vote with our wallets. Even when broadband is insanely fast and pirating insanely easy, people will always buy films and media because it's just really nice to own things. Like the BR Alien Quadrilogy, I'm buying that when I can simply because it's such a lovely, well-put-together product. Having downloaded copies just isn't the same.

8. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

Got Batman:the Dark Knight on Blu Ray today. I have it on dvd also, and the difference is phenomenal.

The DVD version looks crap in comparison. Not only is the dvd blurry and lacking definition but it also looks so dull and lifeless by comparison.

The sound too, as far as I could tell, was way better. It's like the explosions and such have more punch. I noticed it in the Watchmen too. The beginning of the movie where the song "Unforgettable" is playing and the door gets kicked in, it felt like being thumped in the chest. I'm not a bass freak, but it's like dvd=wave of muddy bass washing over you; Blu Ray=concentrated pillar of bass whacking you. Like a fart vs a balloon popping if you catch my drift. It's nice :D