1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Post your Cell Phone Modifications

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ZapWizard, 10 Jun 2003.

1. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Dude, that's pretty cool! Just need to change the keypad LED's to red and it'd be shibby sweet :D

2. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Thanks, but I don't really like the colour red on phones :p

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I don't know if anyone's already answered this (I did check), but that's not a limitation of the phone so a firmware hack won't sort it out. On older fones such as the 3210 the SMS messages are stored on the SIM card, not the phone. As such, you can only store 10 messages on the SIM card, and 99 names/telephone numbers. Notice how you can't store a name longer than 14 chars? SIM card limitation as well :(. I can more or less guarantee that any fone you buy now will store the SMS's and numbers in the phones memory, not the SIM card.

Anyway, I haven't really modded my phones, aside from nice bl00 kepad LED's, but I do plan to try and use one of my phones as part of a mod :). I want to use either my Ericsson T28, Nokia 3210 or Nokia 7110 LCD screen (see my post here) as part of an ongoing casemod, if it is at all possible to do so. I'd prefer to use the 7110 LCD as I don't use that phone (arial is schafted, slider doesn't work, mic connection is dodgy) and it's an eeeeenormous (yes, all those e's are necessary :)) dot-matrix LCD screen, especially for a phone. (Btw, this may be OT, but if anyone has info on hooking up cellphone LCD's, let me know! :))

Last edited: 11 Jul 2003
  4. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

cheers for the reply. Looks like I'm gonna hav to upgrade to a 6210 :p