1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Post your wanted guides here-

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ZapWizard, 6 Oct 2003.

1. spazzonater

spazzonater What's a Dremel?

?, Black to zero or ground

2. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

zero = ground.

BTW most off these off-topic posts will be removed in time.
    (Leaving just requests)

3. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

Does this really matter when you have AC? I have connected alot of AC stuff in my days, and surely I must have crossed some over. And when you insert a plug to a socket, you can have it either way (at least in this country).

Last edited: 29 Oct 2003
  4. Penguin4x4

Penguin4x4 What's a Dremel?

oh so all you have to do solder in a SPST? Wow, can't believe I didn't think about that, :wallbash: :duh:

5. GNU rider

GNU rider What's a Dremel?

Wanted: Backlit/Illuminated Keyboard mod

i would like to see a guide on how to backlight keyboards with led's (for what i want; not EL)

6. BrandnameBandit

BrandnameBandit What's a Dremel?

Wanted - Window mod for a laptop PC, possibly the back of the screen or main body below the keboard. Would like the window to be beveled/flush with the cutout of the casing. Possibly some background LED's to highlight the background??

7. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod Minimodder

More Monitor Mods!

Yes i know the safety hazards of opening up your monitor.. but lets face it.. its the biggest thing on your desk (if u have a 21 inch crt) and it stands apart from the computer.
    Sure you mod the case and it looks all cool.. but then u hook it up to a regular monitor or a fancy new flat screen lcd monitor.. either way.. its still normal!!!
    yes i have read the mods on your monitor Zap... and can i say wow!!! :hip: But i guess what im lookin more for is original ideas!!!
    and a good how to on how to pull the thing apart and put it back together successfully.... I may just go do it myself.. right now. Nay, i say i do it next week when i get enuf caffeine in me to keep me aware of what my fingers are touching!! Im not sure if id be able to add to the electrocutions list in the modding forum because yeah.. 400 volts DC is bad.. :baby: but if u touch the wrong thing in a monitor.. your gonna get something close to.. correct me if im wrong... 30,000 ?? :naughty: Electrocution Rememberances Dont wanna chance it till i know for sure!
    EDIT: YEP YEP YEP just about 30 kV!!
    But i think that it has to be plugged in. As said b4.. NOT CHANCING IT TILL I KNOW FOR SURE!!
    Man turns monitor into high voltage power supply.. Sadly...it's Sickeningly Easy!!

Last edited: 31 Oct 2003
  8. Captain_Zap

Captain_Zap What's a Dremel?

forget wrighting guides give us what we realy want, the media pc pasing up the orac3 project and reclaiming its propper place in the top of the mod logs and the butefuk thing so i can cover my keybord with drool while looking at it:)

9. Xgamer

Xgamer What's a Dremel?

How bout a guide to building yur own rheobus

(i know u can buy them retail)

10. macroman

macroman The One

You're taking the mick right? :eyebrow:

11. at_b

at_b What's a Dremel?

if you go here:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/article
    and look carefully, you ll find more than you will need on that theme :search:

forgive him oh great macroman...he must of been drunk to ask such a thing :p

12. Xgamer

Xgamer What's a Dremel?

Thanx at_b.
    that was my very first post im new here ya know.
    :duh: guess i should've searched first.

13. at_b

at_b What's a Dremel?

you re welcome...
    and since we' re there...Welcome to the formus :D

ps...if you search the mod guides and mods long enough you ll find out how to make them(fan controllers) look good too :)

14. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer What's a Dremel?

Wanted: I've heard it exists on this board somewhere but I can't find a guide for a simple Remote Power On/Off via car alarm style remote.

15. at_b

at_b What's a Dremel?

well...i m no expert, but the car alarm will have a relay to close open the doors or whatever...depends on the alarm really, because if you don t want to deep into modifing the guts of it you need to have it a momentary relay, the ones that close when you press the button and open when you depress the button(an electronics shop near me has boards like this already made, so you should check the shops near you) and just wire the contacts of the power button to the relay's pins

hope this is clear, and helps you

16. blip1882

blip1882 What's a Dremel?

I'd love to see a detailed guide about how to build a QT110 based power-switch (i.e. invisible or touch-sensative powerswitch) for your computer. I've seen some discussion of it, but never a detailed guide.

Actually, I'm probably going to do this myself anyway (just got a schematic together that should work) so I may post my own guide, if no one else does it first that is.

17. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Hi Zapwizard!

What will happen to this thread? Is the bit-tech team going to select a number of wishes and then build it or something; or are you going to do some super electronics stuff?

18. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

I started this thread as people were posting their wanted guides in threads, so I started a single thread for people to post at.

It is up to the users to decide that they can write a post a guide that someone else wants.

(I don't have the time)

19. ChriSell

ChriSell What's a Dremel?

I'm am curious to find a nice guide on building a custom case out of aluminum or sheet metal.

20. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

OK Thankx!

Tags: