1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Post your wanted guides here-

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ZapWizard, 6 Oct 2003.

1. sadffffff

sadffffff New Member

a nice overview/tour of watercooling. Take the setup from begining to end with lota nice large pictures and explanations as to why thigs are setup the way they are. And if possible it would be nice if it was a totally DIY setup, like making the blocks, the tubing, even the res, finding a good radiator/pump and whatnot...

2. Blast

Blast New Member

I would like to see a way to go from IDE to USB. I know that they make external HD enclosures, but what about CD-RWs and Floppy drives. I would like a way to make my existing aparati portable. Can this be done?

3. Xgamer

Xgamer New Member

Heres a link for the adapter.
    For power you could hack up a 12v transformer and connect it to a molex plug; Zap might know how to do this. :D

Last edited: 4 Jun 2004
  4. Blast

Blast New Member

Hmm, I might buy that adapter, and RIP IT APART!!!!! Aha, sorry wanted to say it like that. I would rip it apart so that I could see what I needed to dupliacted it. I have to believe that I can make one for less that $40.

5. sevag

sevag New Member

2 power supplies

Hi. I recently bought a new case with a 500W PSU, but i decided that i would

like to have a second PSU just for lights,fans,etc. i was wondering, how i

could wire the PSU's so when i turn on my computer, it would turn on both

PSU's at the same time. I know this is possible to do because i once saw it, i

just don't know how to do it. Thnx in advance. :confused:

6. sevag

sevag New Member

7. sevag

sevag New Member

Hi, i also have a sencond question. I have recently bought a 6 port baybus

switch (http://www.xoxide.com/6portbaybus.html) and i was wondering, if

there is a way that i could wire it, so i would have to flick the switches in a

pattern to be able to enable the power button to work.

Simple version of what i mean.

6 port baybus, flick siwtches in a secret sequence (kinda like a password) if i

don't flick the right switches in the right order, power will not be sent to

power button, rendering the button useless. This seems impossible for me,

because i am unexperienced with electronics, But i know ZapWizard is like the

king of wiring. So someone plz help me out.

8. robotguy9000

robotguy9000 New Member

what about a guide on how to use a multi meter?

i sure could benefir from that

9. fg0d

fg0d Banned

I really need one of these as I dont know how to work mine, or the basic concept of it.. :\

10. TMM

TMM Modder

actually, unless you had the tools to duplicate IC's, it going to cost alot more than 40$. unfortunately, IDE>USB has a contoller chip that i doubt you could buy seperately.
    see more:
    http://www.deltrontech.com/BridgeBoard/BridgeBoard.htm

11. Xiachunyi

Xiachunyi New Member

Here and here are two schematics that can be utilized for a project like this if anyone wants to make one. I'll make a guide for it if no one does it or when I have the time.

12. sevag

sevag New Member

man, i do not get those diagrams, i never was good with those. thanks anyway though.

13. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

i would like a collection of a bunch of diff schimatics for simple and complex pcbs of all shorts like lite dimmer lite blinkers, anything that could be nicely intergrated into a pc. also a link to a list of what capasitors and transitors do how t use them ...ect. ps zap i love u in a non-sexual sort o way of course :worried:

14. mobius9

mobius9 Member

I'd like to see a guide completely coving carputers: audio inputs, powering 500+watt psu's (mobile gaming rig once pcix is out.) and also covering air conditioning to help with the heat, so that you don't have your whole ac system blasting at once (only the feed to the pc.)

15. stoned penguin

stoned penguin New Member

can i get a guide on making custom PSU leads?

so i can power all my stuff with one string on connectors, it would really clean up my case :worried:

16. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

are u sure u couldent figure that one out on your own? :eyebrow:

17. stoned penguin

stoned penguin New Member

18. jezmck

jezmck Well-Known Member

19. jjsyht

jjsyht Hello, my name is yuri

Bits and speed tables for dremel users

Would be grateful if someone could make a table of the recommended bits and rotation speed to use for different type of materials(plexi, steel, alu, etc). This can help the most stupid of us not to melt the plexi with a :dremel: :duh: :blush:

20. bullfrog

bullfrog New Member

jjsyht: Just search google for dremel manual, it should come up with results for the dremel manual in pdf format. Download it, in the manual there are 3 pages with the recommeded speeds for certain bits and materials. They use the dremel model numbers and the dremel speeds, like 1-5 on a certain dremel etc. But i just use the guide to get an estimate of the speed i have to put my cheap clone on, its not to hard to figure out the speed.

What I think would make areally good mod guide for the few of us new to dremmels. How to use certain bits properly, how to make smooth edges, and most off all how to make fine detailed cut using certain bits like the cut off wheels and various other bits, and maybe a few tricks so as not to screw up on cutting edges,etc. I know I will proberly learn all these thing as i work with my dremmel more. All i can do now is make straight cuts and small curves. Enlighten me with all your great skillz. :dremel: :dremel: :dremel:

Tags: