1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Postal 3 review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 20 Jan 2012.

1. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

such a shame, postal 2 is one of my fave games ever :(
    was expecting much more than this

2. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Come on, Joe... Don't beat around the bush - say what you think. ;)

3. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

lol, you have serious problems and they are not limited to judging games purely on their perspective...:rolleyes:

Batman Arkham City a POS... No just no, it's brilliant.

4. fluxtatic

fluxtatic New Member

Not to be kicking you in particular tonight, but bit isn't the only site that does game reviews, ya know. As a matter of fact, I hardly read them to make a decision on what I might buy. I usually hit several sites - if bit has a review up, that tells me other sites will, too. Check 3 or 4 (I don't trust that bit will agree with me entirely, every time, or any single site) and see what <br>more than one site</b> has to say about it.

Not that I think it's a bad idea, but you act as if there aren't 20,000 other sites that review games on the net.

Between hating B:AC and Bioshock, have you considered the possibility that your taste in games is poor?

5. fluxtatic

fluxtatic New Member

*<b> cursed tags

6. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan New Member

Most review sites assume you have a least some familiarity with what they are reviewing beforehand. I can't think of a single game that has interested me where I wasn't aware of the perspective before the reviews started getting posted.
    Regardless though if you are ruling out an entire genre based purely on perspective... i feel sorry for you.

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

You might regret that. As Joe stated in the review, he actually liked Postal 2. If he thought Postal 3 was this bad, it's not because he can't be seen to like it, it's because it's a bad game!

Sent from Bittech Android app

8. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Do you also not read books that are written in third person? Or watch any film where the cameraman isn't an acknowledged character?

I suppose Mario and Sonic are therefore off limits too? And presumably you couldn't bring yourself to play Street Fighter or Starcraft because you can see the player models?

You come across some weird opinions online, but this is the oddest of the year so far, no mistake.

Sent from Bittech Android app

9. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Im not a fan of the 3rd person view in general. I played Batman Arkham Asylum for all about an hour and shelved it. A friend of mine plays Skyrim on the PS3 with the third person view and I can't understand why. I play Skyrim on the PC as if it were an FPS.

3rd person works for some games such as Super Mario Kart, but I cant see it ever working right for shooter games. How do you aim? You might as well be playing a top-down RPG game like Diablo as an archer. Click the target and it gets hit.

10. tad2008

tad2008 New Member

I think it went something like this:
    1 point for being delivered
    1 point for being on DVD and not a CD
    1 point for installing
    1 point for getting to the loading screen
    1 point for being able to start playing the game
    5 points for being able to exit the game

:D

11. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Sounds a good analyses to me :hehe::thumb:.

12. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Burn the dvd's!! Don't let it spread...

So not even 1€ bin hum?

13. Kilmoor

Kilmoor lurker

Woe and ennui! Facepalm with pounding fists!

I loved Postal 2. I played it over and over again, it helped me relax. Wonderful game. My anticipation for the release of this new iteration has been intense... but 3rd person? Hell no! Patch it or forget it.

14. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits New Member

If you guys liked Postal 2, then at least try Postal 3 for yourselves in a demo or something. This review is still just someones opinion after all.

Tags: Add Tags