1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Poster print, Loads a stink.

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by PabloFunky, 15 Sep 2011.

1. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Framed pic Snappy Snaps.

Ok we all know dont let mums buy or do technical stuff.

Mum gave me a surprise today for a treat.

She went to snappy snaps and had ordered an A3 print of a pic of my case side panel.

The picture was not that good, obviously done on an inkjet, there is alot of banding, typically in the black areas, as we all know etc etc, typical of inkjet.

Theres a few places where the ink has come off paper, prob when it was folded up as aposter before ink fully dried.

Asked mum how much she paid,

£18 for pic £5 for frame.

Now i certainly didnt wanna seem disrespectful, but first thoughts were a WTF and ******
    and *******
    and more ********.

I could of got large glossy high quality print done from my bro who is a printer for far far less.

Now i think i upset her as i made these comments, but was natural reaction.

I mean i get nice glossy photo prints, yes smaller, but for less than £1 anyway.

When i put pic on my wall, i know everytime i look at it, im gonna be peeved.

2. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Personally I wouldn't have bothed writing all the bumf you did there, about him being ungrateful etc. It's HIS mother. I'm sure she's used to him, as mine is with me ahem.

Just appologise and do something to make it up to her. Ask where she got it done, and go and crap on them, instead of your mother.

3. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

This.

I'd demand a refund or reprint, pointing out all the issues and how much was paid for the poor quality you got. Not your mother's fault afterall, she was just trying to do something nice...

4. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Harsh. :/

I wish my parents where that thoughtful of my interests to print something and frame it. Regardless of that sort of thing I love them dearly.

I work in a photolab so I can relate to the bad print - I'd never let a bad print leave the lab.

5. Ligoman17

Ligoman17 What's a Dremel?

And if a five year old surprised you with a drawing, would you also chastise him for it being bit rough?

What a brat.

You too. :(

6. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Personally, I'd have said nothing to my Mum (who in my case, wouldn't know if the print was acceptable, or expensive). The fact that she's done it would be enough for me. I'd hang it on the wall with pride. At a later date, when it has become part of the furniture, I'd get my own reprint made, and replace it when she was out one day.... or maybe I wouldn't. I'd get used to it, and start to appreciate it for what it really was... symbolically.

Sometimes you just gotta accept that not everything goes your way, and even if you don't like something, even if it's for all the seemingly right reasons (crap print, expensive etc)... you just choke it down and accept it with genuine happiness, because they cared enough about you to get it done in the first place.

7. PabloFunky

Nah, my mums so cool, we have a good relationship.

She knows im very happy with the gesture, especially when i know shes troubled with arthritis and struggles to do things anyway.

I wasnt going to say anything to her, but she likes to know about all this tech stuff and what to expect etc.

Point is i can see her going to get another one.

Indeed the pic is on my wall, She even held the spirit level whilst i knocked the nails in.

8. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

If your brother is a printer, why didn't she have him do the print?

9. PabloFunky

She wanted to do something quick for me, plus my bro lives around 400 miles from me, bit of a long walk.

Hes also way to busy to do side jobs i think at the moment, (wish i was that busy).

Plus she prob never even thought of it.

I will ask her later and see what she says.

Also i believe when she was in town, she spotted the sign in the shop about poster prints, so quite a few reasons to be getting on with i think .

10. pingu666

pingu666 What's a Dremel?

i think a refund or replacement is in order, want to show any pics of the pictures poopness?