1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Posting a monitor via courier UK

Discussion in 'General' started by cool_dude, 14 Nov 2014.

1. cool_dude

cool_dude Active Member

Hey all

Can anyone tell me a courier that covers for both damage and loss?

Hopefully neither occur, but I can only find those that cover for loss and not damage.

Gone through a fair few and can't seem to find any, so wondering if anyone here can highlight one that I might have missed.

Thanks

2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

I think you will struggle. I used Parcelforce the last time I posted one but it was boxed and covered in bubble wrap and corrugated cardboard.

3. cool_dude

cool_dude Active Member

I've looked at Royal Mail SD and from what I can see doesn't mention anything about not covering monitors for loss and damage... just says full compensation offered?

Also, ParcelForce seem to be the name thrown around but I cant find in their t&c whether they cover both damage and loss or if it is just loss.

This does seem bizzare that they will only cover for loss of an item?! Especially if the monitor is sent in its original packaging.

4. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

I think for some obscure reason that monitors are still classed as glassware, from the old CRT days I am assuming, so not insured against damage.

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

In my experience, claiming from a courier for damage is getting blood from a stone in any case, let alone a monitor.

I'd use one you trust (well, mistrust the least) and make sure it's packed expertly.

6. Noob?

Noob? New Member

Double box! Had a monitor turn up damaged, the claim was outright refused as I hadn't double boxed it. :miffed:

7. ferret141

ferret141 Well-Known Member

Get some hard material to cover the front of the screen in case it gets impaled if you're paranoid enough like me. Plywood, perspex, sheet metal.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I must admit, I've only had to claim for damage once - I got the full value of the item back even though I explained it was maybe a quarter of the items value in damage.

I had that through Parcel2Go, even though the courier was Yodel.

As said above, though, I'd double box a monitor - Original if possible, extra box and air pocket things to protect that box. That said, we get ~20 monitors a month in their normal box from a number of couriers. IIRC, TNT, Parcel Force, and UKMail are the couriers for the suppliers we use. Might be worth checking them for monitor based damage cover.

9. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

I recently had a claim against Collect + for a something they left under a bush and was rain damaged after going to the CE of the firm my claim was settled very quickly. But I admit this was after contacting the claims department were pretty rubbish.