1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Power Supply died...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by vmast3r, 11 Sep 2010.

1. vmast3r

vmast3r What's a Dremel?

Sigh, and I just finished sleeving it. I took it out of the case in order to repaint the case (which came out pretty well for a first time job), and now that I put it all together to test it out, it doesn't start up. I'm was pretty careful to not short it out or anything, but who knows, maybe it did anyway.

Any way to repair a PSU, or how much would that even cost? Self repair maybe? I'm thinking any kind of repair to a PSU would be pointless since I wouldn't know where to start. It's a pretty old PSU, so replacing it would be my best bet anyway.

It's just, all those countless frustrating hours I spent sleeving the cables, and now it doesn't even work. It's just killing me right now. Ahhhh, guess I'll have to redo it again on a new PSU.

And sorry if this doesn't meet post criteria, I just felt the need to post it up.

Oh, and if I can't manage to repair it, you think there's anything useful I can scrap off of it before I dump it? Thanks.

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Could you not try shorting it out to start it manually with the paperclip in the proper pins on the 24 pin? Give it a quick google if your willing to try it out. As for sleeving, why not buy the pre-sleeved cable extensions? No one would ever know besides yourself.

vmast3r likes this.
  3. vmast3r

vmast3r What's a Dremel?

I feel like such an idiot right now. I forgot to put the paperclip in while jump starting it, no wonder it didn't start. I can't thank you enough for posting up that question and making me realize my stupid mistake. It works.

And I was actually thinking of buying pre-sleeved cables for my drives, it'll save me a whole lot of time and effort.