1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Power up but wont Display

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by SpaceBaby, 24 May 2014.

1. SpaceBaby

SpaceBaby AKA: Stophon

Turning on the computer today there was no post-beep and no display coming up. (everything seemed to be powering up normally CPU,GPU,HDD,Optical)

Trying to diagnose the problem removing a few items and the post returned after removing the RAM sticks (2). Attempting a different configuration of these sticks sent the issue back to the beginning of no POST and no Display.

Does this mean i need to go buy some new RAM or is the issue with something else?
    (in my head it is saying get new ram but don't want to waste the money if i don't need to)

Teelzebub likes this.
  2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Ram would be my guess. try one at a time maybe run memtest

3. lancer778544

lancer778544 isnt really an ultramodder...

I'd say the RAM is likely to be the cause but to be sure, try your RAM in another PC or try other RAM in your PC. If the problem returns with different RAM in your PC then the problem is with another item. If your RAM causes the other PC not to boot or behave erratically then you've found your problem.

What make is your RAM? Quite a lot of memory manufacturers offer lifetime warranty. I just recently had some DDR2 replaced under warranty.

Edit: If you can get your PC to POST with your RAM then definitely try a Memtest as Teelzebub suggests.