Hardware PowerColor Radeon X1950 Pro SCS3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 Apr 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

You certainly gave that card a grilling :eek:

I think thats probably enough grill jokes for one day :p

3. Nature

Nature New Member

Good card, though 512 megs seems a bit standard for any 950 pro in production these days. Considering the pcb is identical for both the 256 and 512....

I've really wanted a 8xxx series card since they've come, but I'm waiting for the evil Nvidia to morph to 80 nano meter like AMD has done here. That BFG water block card on the right side of my screen would be alot more tempting if it were 80-or dare I say 65 nm! And of course GDDR4! The industry is entirely to comfortable on ddr3..

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Page 1 - last para - "and trail versions" - 'trial'

Page 2 - para 4 - "Although it’s a 512-bit internal memory interface, it’s still a 256-bit connection to the 256MB of local GDDR3 memory, though." - last 'though' not needed

Page 2 - para 8 -"That’s not all though, as there is more cooling on the card than the heatsink we’ve been taking the piss out of for the last couple of pages though." - not sure I agree with cursive words on a professional site, but BT:NG and all that.. also, last 'though' not needed.

Page 2 - para 10 - "Moving onto the selection of ports on the card’s PCI bracket, there’s a pair of HDCP compliant dual-link DVI ports capable of running a pair of monitors at resolutions up to 2560x1600 each." - use of 'pair' in one sentence, perhaps 'duo'?

Page 2 - last para - "This is like what most other board partners.." - omit 'like' to make the sentence sound less chavvish

Page 3 - bullet points - no need for semi-colon use after each bullet point

Page 6 - para 1 - "There are also real time shadows and a subtle HDR lighting effect too." - either 'There's..', omitting 'are' OR omit 'a' and add an s to 'effect'.

Page 7 - para 2 - "around your ankles with no where to go." - nowhere, one word

Good review. The difference between a 7900GTX and 8800GTS is quite staggering.

5. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

:blush: thanks for the repetitions/typos!

6. Fozzy

Fozzy New Member

I don't know if it was mentioned but I don't think you can do crossfire with the cooler in the way.

7. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

It's hinted at the bottom of P1 and then discussed in full on P2. You're right though, CrossFire isn't happening on this card. :thumb:

8. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

wow that's one humungous grill on that card O_O

9. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Well you COULD do CF with internal connectors, you'd just need long ribbons or to have PowerColor remove a few fins so the bridges would fit

10. Fozzy

Fozzy New Member

Yea but I've never seen a long ribbon like your describing and I'm not sure how many people are willing to cut up their videocard and void the warranty.

11. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Well something like what ASUS gives you for their 680i motherboards.

And there's no cutting of the videocard involved, just some snipping of sink fins

12. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

If anyone was going to do anything like that, I'd guess it'd be one of the many modders on this forum. There's bound to be someone crazy enough!:D

13. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I'll do it, if you provide a card :D

14. Fozzy

Fozzy New Member

Oh I'd do it too. But I'd sooner watercool it and keep the stock HS for RMA's

Tags: Add Tags