1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pregnant, topless skydiver falls 10,000ft and LIVES (work safe)

Discussion in 'General' started by CyberSol, 15 Dec 2005.

1. Slink

Slink B7

I know a million people who do this everday, it's over-rated

2. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

You saying you know people who fall 10,000ft to the ground and survive, every day?

3. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

ROFL... sig'd

4. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Probably best to land on your front. I read a story about a guy who fell off the top of a tall barn, and landed on his feet, his legs were driven up into his chest. Sounds pretty horrible but he survived.

5. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

I'd think your leg bones would break and shatter way before your pelvis did, and so there wouldn't be any way to have your legs "driven up into you".

6. davew

davew What's a Dremel?

7. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

first of all morphine, solacaine, novacaine, etc are all opiates yes they can be addictive but ironically not as addictive as cigarettes, and on the relative meter until long-term or psychological addiction is formed morphine is very standard issue in hospitals.
    second note, terminal velocity can be as low as what 100mph? assume your splayed flat out and as high as 300 assuming a head first? If I remember correctly its never proper technique to land feet first as the shock will travel up and break your spine/back and legs. there's been several stories of people survivng falls landing in bogs, mud, cars (which are relatively soft) pillow factories etc

8. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

That's a funny article! But in all seriousness it could actually save someone's life, I for one will certainly not be forgetting that. :)

9. shotgunefx

shotgunefx What's a Dremel?

You'd think so (and I did too), but afaik know, it's not the case.
    Ever see a hydrolocked car? If it sucks up water in the intake, because the water can't be compressed, the valves give and deform trying to compress it.

I've read your best bet is to aim for sloping dirt hill. Personally though, I don't think there is anything you can do to influence the outcome that much (outside of maybe trying to avoiding power lines).

10. roadkiller

roadkiller What's a Dremel?

Actually, power lines are good. They break your fall and because you aren't grounded you won't get chocked. I heard about a man who fell on powerlines after such a free fall and survived. Personally though, I don't think you can realy aim for trees, powerlines, cussion factorys :p you're going way to fast to have proper aim. I could be wrong though.

11. davew

davew What's a Dremel?

I don't think aiming for power lines is worth the risk. Imagine landing one leg either side :waah: