1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price point example builds

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by supaste, 2 Feb 2021.

1. supaste

supaste What's a Dremel?

I'm a long time bit tech reader but I haven't posted anything on the forum for years...

Anyway many moons ago there used to be regular articles with example builds for a range of three different price points. Ranging from budget to expensive.

I used to enjoy readying these as I felt they gave a good market overview and an idea of how to best balance your spend on a machine based on products available.

I don't have much else to add but I would like to see their return.

Edwards likes this.
  2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

We've discussed bringing these back actually. The current issue is the stock shortage and price gouging going on with PC hardware. It's something we 100% want to do when things are back to normal

stuartpb likes this.
  3. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

+1. I used to really enjoy running through the builds, musing on all the things I couldn't afford. They were good to follow from edition to edition to see where the bit-tech crew felt new releases belonged (if anywhere) as hardware came out.

4. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

While we wait for this to return, PC Gamer has a decent 3-tier build section that should suffice for the time being...