1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 20 May 2010.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

and thus we have the problem with todays gamers. you're lazy. instead of learning and getting better you'd rather scream at the developer to put more training wheels on.

I grew up on a neo-geo so I know what a hard game is, but because we yearn for the sweet taste of success over the bitterness of defeat you have the gaul to call us snobs when you cant even PoP. if your struggling then theres no shame in putting it on EASY after all thats what its there for.

kids these days :rolleyes:

Last edited: 21 May 2010
  2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I think you're being harse there Gunsmith. I'm playing through POP:TFS at the moment (thanks Joe!) and whilst I agree it's easy, I don't see that as being a problem.

Games exist for one reason: to be fun. To bring the player happiness. You can't get at someone because his idea of happiness is different to yours. Having to redo a section a dozen times until you're pixel-perfect might bring happiness to you, but from his post I'd suggest it doesn't to Valkyr, and it sure as hell wouldn't to me.

It's true that in the past many games used the idea that the harder the game, the greater the feeling of success when you succeed. These days the trend has moved more towards invoking a grand experience than pleasure through perfection. Both are valid enjoyment tools, and deriding one as flawed simply shows you as being self-centred, because it isn't perfectly how you like to play games.

Tags: Add Tags