1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Prison Architect Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 13 Oct 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Been playing for a while now, great game for anyone into Sim games, really enjoyable.

Loved their monthly YouTube alpha update, shows that they care about what they're making and deserve the credit (and money)

3. blinkieleblind

blinkieleblind Tings and such

Yup, fantastic game. one of those simple games which you will put down for a couple of months then get an itch and then a week disappears and your wife has left you.

Will have to start a new prison now that I am reminded of it...... there goes my job and personal life. Thanks Rick

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

The RPG element sounds quite fun - I like the idea of attempting to escape from a prison someone else designed.

5. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Steam tells me I have put 110+ hours into this game over the various alphas. Really enjoy it and all the alpha videos they did.

6. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

You can't care about that. They are prisoners, not people on vacation. Judge and jury have already happened. It's up to you to make sure that they are either punished, or reformed!

And please, no one argue with me about the real world. This is a game...

7. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Wow - I just checked mine and it's at 143 hours on PA... The one thing that's spoiling it for me is the fact that once you get to really large prisons (my most recent prison currently has 650 prisoners in it for example) then the frame rate really starts to crawl (like down to 10fps or less). Other than that I absolutely love the game and can't wait to try out escape mode :D

8. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I think it only runs on one thread. Someone more knowledgeable may know more. I noticed the same, I have a feeling it is a core problem.

9. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Am upto 211 hours!

I hate it when you have a massive prision and it crawls, having to stick to medium sized for now, I hope they improve that ine day

10. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

As I say I have a feeling it is a key issue with the engine. It is not multi-threaded so when the simulation gets hectic it starts to chug. I am not certain of this, so apologies if this is misinformation. I think I heard them talk about it in an alpha video.

11. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I think you're right - I also think that a lot of people want it to be multi-threaded but I guess they'd have to totally swap engine...

Tags: Add Tags