1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Pro gaming training centre opens in China

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Apr 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd and WC Addict

Can any building really withstand that sheer amount of dork?

3. TreeDude

TreeDude New Member

I love video games, but I don't think I could ever be a pro gamer. Not just because of my average skill level, but I don't want to be forced to play something for 8-10hrs a day, 5 days a week. That would make even my favorite of games become boring make me not want to play it anymore. I don't ever want to reach that point that I no longer play for my own amusement. Maybe people who are ultra competitive fair better, but I play for fun, not sport.

4. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

morrowind/oblivion anyone lol. I think it would be fun though.

5. ChurchofVirus

ChurchofVirus New Member

I finally come across a game that I am skilled enough to play professionally(ie: World in Conflict) and it's popularity nose-dives currently eliminating all chances for pro-WiC players. As for this arena, it sounds like a good idea, but I cannot help but feel this is some how going to 'cheat' the system so this business can create pros.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a rise in WiC popularity once the expansion, XB360 and PS3 versions are released.

6. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

cough *centre* cough

7. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I can see this leading to many in the local student population skipping classes to play at this facility. Before you know it, those same students fail their classes because they are spending all their time at the arena. Even if you are damn good at gaming, you are better off completing your education and getting a real job.

8. ThatGingerGuy

ThatGingerGuy † Bogan Red Neck †

I think pro gaming kills alot of fun . you would become bored and when it comes to us average guy we stand no chance

9. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I don't have a problem with someone working hard at something they enjoy and then make a living out of it. If logic serves me right, that's the lifestyle that we, ourselves, are trying to achieve.

10. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

pro gamers are pussies who spend hours exploiting everything in the game mechanics they can in their favour in an endless attempt to dominate at one game :yawn: try enjoying yourselves for a bit will you?

There are sooooo many out there I don`t think I could dedicate myself to 1 so much that I can`t take time to enjoy them all.

11. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

It's kind cool :hehe:

Tags: Add Tags