1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Problem with keyboard

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by martin26e, 18 Sep 2009.

1. martin26e

martin26e New Member

hi all i was given a notebook the model is svoa m548se witch i found was made in thailand the problem im haveing is the symboles on the keyboard that you use the shift key with are all messed up compeared to my uk pc keyboard and i have changed the layout in windows to uk stanted nomal typering is fine but things like forword slash and back slash is a pain

any help would be great

many thanks

2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

You could try pulling the keys of, Very carefully mind as they're usually held in place by a couple of plastic tabs that act as a spring. If you can get the keys out that are causing the problems just switch them with where they're supposed to be.

3. martin26e

martin26e New Member

thats a great idea i have a used laptop keyboard comeing to me as the laptop i have is also missing a few keys

4. martin26e

martin26e New Member

got the other keyboard but still cant get the blackslash key to work tryed it with the shift key and fn and ctrl still no luck the model of the laptop is a svoa m540se the keyboard setting is in uk eng

5. Itbay

Itbay New Member

Don't have a warranty or something like that...The process angel shows is a good one..try that carefully and also clean with a brush or something like that..It might work..otherwise you should have to take it to a mechanic..