1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Motherboard? Need help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dark_Blender, 20 Feb 2005.

1. Dark_Blender

Dark_Blender What's a Dremel?

K so just recently my computer crapped out on me. Gave me blue screen of death with memory issues then it restarted, but when it did startup stopped at "Verifying DMI Pool Data...." and thats it. I restarted my computer to find out it was detecting my primary HDD so I went into the BIOS to find it and it froze. Now it just freezes on "detecting disk drives" part of startup. I have already reset my BIOS and switched the hard drives in the computer. Is it possible that the motherboard is the problem? What should I do? :wallbash:

2. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Uplug the drives and see what happens... Could be a dodgy drive or cable. IDE controller could also be buggered.

3. Dark_Blender

Dark_Blender What's a Dremel?

I had tried swapping the drives in the computer. I have two... When I swapped the cables nothing happened but I hadnt changed the jumpers yet. Hopefully it is a scatty drive and hopefully my mobo is cool.

4. 0013

0013 What's a Dremel?

hard drive or motherboard dead, .. i rather have a dead mobo, that way i still have my data, and it isn't more expensive to to replace than the average hard drive ...