1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor Problems with my SN41G2.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by verse, 28 Mar 2004.

1. verse

verse What's a Dremel?

Alright, I joined up to get some advice from you guys. I ordered my shuttle from newegg, it worked fine when I first got it, then I tried to put a videocard in it, I can't deal with onboard video. At first I borrowed my friend's geforce 4 ti 4200. It worked, but it got so hot that it immediately had artifacts, and I just didn't want to deal with that, plus, I don't want to run an nvidia based card. About a week later my shuttle's onboard video went out, so I RMA'd it. Now I have my new shuttle, I tried to run a Radeon 8500 in it at first, it corrupted windows when I tried to boot with it in. I then tried my Radeon 9700 pro, and it had the same results. I don't know what to do, seems like my Shuttle hates the AGP slot filled with something ATI based. I'll try my Radeon 9200 when I get it on Monday, but other than that, what can I try? I don't think another RMA would do much except burn $15.

Here is what I am running

Athlon XP 2500+ Barton
    512(2x256) MB Corsair XMS3200 TwinX™
    Western Digital 80 gb hdd w/8 mb cache
    Lite On 48x24x48 cd-rw/dvd rom
    And a whole slew of video cards I've tried
    Radeon 8500 pro
    Radeon 9700 pro
    Radeon 9200 (on monday)
    Geforce 4 TI 4200

2. door5678

door5678 What's a Dremel?

have you tried running the shuttle with the vid card in but with the case side off :wallbash:

3. verse

verse What's a Dremel?

Yes of course.

4. verse

verse What's a Dremel?

I just tried my 9200, and it gave me a blue screen while I tried to install windows. =/

5. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

The problem with the Geforce 4 TI 4200 is odd considering i'm running mine with the 7v and it still runs beautifully. No special heatsink either.
    What i suggest is going over to the sudhian.com forums as there a lot of shuttle users there who could answer your questions.
    I feel bad for referring :duh:

6. verse

verse What's a Dremel?

Meh, nevermind.

I cleared the CMOS today and reset the battery and then installed xp, then installed the 9200, and it works.. fine. Weird.

Tags: