1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Problems with new Soundcard

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by itsonlydanny, 23 Feb 2010.

1. itsonlydanny

itsonlydanny What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I have just purchased a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer sound card - to replace my rather ageing Creative Soundblaster Audigy Standard Edition. :D One of the main reasons why I bought the X-Fi was so that I could once again use the Front Panel Audio socket (Line Out) for my headphones and Creative 2.1 computer speakers - a function, or capability, not supported by my very basic Audigy card.

However, a problem has developed. When I use the Front Panel socket, I only get mono sound (or 1.05 sound from my speakers!). But when I plug the headphones or speakers into the back of the X-Fi sound card I'm back into stereo/2.1 sound ... :confused:

Any ideas as to what is going wrong? I'm sure it is something pretty basic, a configuration problem or something. If you can help that would be great :hip:

Thanks,

DANNY

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

3. Toxic_Lemon

Toxic_Lemon What's a Dremel?

You are plugging the headphones / speakers all the way in on the front panel ? Because if you don`t you will only get mono, I`m not being sarcastic but my mom used to do it all the time.

On the plug you get a coloured line the first part is mono the full part sterio.