1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Product shots...

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Darkened, 22 Sep 2009.

1. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Hey all,

Just wanted to show what I got when trying out some new equipment and generally just messing around the flat.

This is also a part of "take more shots to get better" - type of deal, so the title might change if I decide to add more photos here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for now, hopefully you'll like them.

C&C welcome as always (oh btw, I already know that these photos look like DOF-exercises :hehe:...which they kinda are...)

Darkened

2. fabler

fabler What's a Dremel?

I like 'em.

3. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

I like the first one, the exposure is good and the shallow DOF draws you in to the display but I would crop out the shelf it sits on or take another shot at a little different angle, it's a little distracting. The light fixture ones are cool but a little abstract to consider "product shots". I like the first one of the mobile keypad, the second is a little too shallow DOF for my taste but in either case, the colors and exposure are nice.

4. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Thanks Fabler and Eddie.

The first one was actually a bit wider still, so I didn't pay attention to the shelf when I was cropping it. But now that you mention it, it is a bit distracting.

Also, I should have used "Shots of products" instead of "Product shots" :hehe:

Darkened

5. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

If it were a solid color (preferably black) it actually might add to the image. I think it is just the texture of the grain and the brown tone clashes with the clean techno-feel you establish with the electronics.