1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project 358 Kelvin (originally Big and Blue)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by kill_me_quick, 13 Jun 2005.

1. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

It comes from a company called Technology Supplies, the order was from this group
    My collection of acrylic and a bit of ally
    [​IMG]

2. moddenmania

moddenmania New Member

do they have a u.s site? if not where do you think I could get some there

3. kill_me_quick

Well its a technology suppliers for schools.

The acrylic is made by a company called Irpen which is a Spanish company. From their website they have suppliers in the UK, France and Spain.

If you can find a suplier in the US, the type is "Policril" under which it says "Placa acrílica - Acrylic sheet UNE - EN ISO 9001:2000"

Hope that helps

4. gometro33

gometro33 New Member

5. kill_me_quick

Update:
    Finally got round to installing the watercooling and a new grill. Ordered a Watercool grill but didnt realise that it doesnt fit with a 120.3 so I had to modify the brackets. Enough of the bable on with the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next is the WC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After managing to snap the "Y" that came with the RBX kit I had to find an alternative. Rather than buying one off the net i had to find an alternative so I went to Keydell Nurseries and picked up a "T" piece, I will get a "Y" when they are instock.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Jun 2005
  6. white modder

white modder New Member

looking cool (y)

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

What's with all the people recently top-mounting rad fans as intake? People really fail to see the "heat rises" thing.... and I think it's been determined more than once that a "pull fan" on a radiator is slightly better for performance.

That said, good work.

8. frodo

frodo New Member

^ so true. but its his choice really!

i personally have my rad on my intake, but in a push pull config, but thats because its on the fornt of my case, so heat does rise, but to a roof that doesnt care

i love the looks of this rig, makes me want to grab my cheiftec full tower and mod it! may well do it, if i can be bothered.

9. Wolfe

Wolfe New Member

One way to make blue tinted plexi cheaply is to go to any auto parts store and buy a can of "candy apple" spray paint (the stuff i have is made by plasti-kote). If you spray the inside of a sheet of clear plexiglass. The result looks very similar, and you get a really beautiful glossy look. ALso, if you spray another coat of a different colored paint (like a metallic paint) over the candy apple , you can get some really interesting looks.