1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: 4MM0-83457(AMMO BEAST) *¡*TONS OF PICS*!* 2-28-05

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MrBurritoMan, 16 Jul 2004.

1. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

..... well its not really a do-it-yourself thing; man thats cool though that they have those now :eyebrow:

i wish it was that would be cool. it is a d-link router. i had it lying around and figured i could fit it in... :idea:

2. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

Wow nice job! I love old military tech mods (check out my project log in sig) It looks great, Does that thing really stay cool with just those 2 fans? my system is water cooled and it has more fans. Anyways cheers

ohh btw I saw a Choose The Right poster in the back, are you mormon perchance? or at least christian?

3. MrBurritoMan

i am LDS good sir and at BYU :cooldude: . i wouldn't be able to create something like this without all of the tools that are avalable through my college :D

4. theagent

theagent What's a Dremel?

oh, i see. i wish i had a guide for one of those, but i dont

:)

5. b_dyche

b_dyche What's a Dremel?

That is freakin' cool! :thumb: :dremel:

6. apHytHiaTe

apHytHiaTe What's a Dremel?

Sorry i'm a little late, but really cool work MrBurritoMan! :clap: :clap: U've always been cool to me, so i'll be cool to you! I really like what you've done with that project. GL with other future mods :) however, i'm wondering, did you mod the mouse at all?

regardless, round of applause
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

7. MrBurritoMan

hey thanks, yeah i plan to mod the mouse and KB completely however they have not arrived yet :grr:. when they do you can be assured they will match the theme completely. maybe with dials on them or something.... who knows. we shall see what comes out when i get them in my sticky modding hands :D

8. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

what kind of keyboard and mouse, if i may ask?

9. MrBurritoMan

10. apHytHiaTe

apHytHiaTe What's a Dremel?

My friend did that for a free wireless mouse, and AFAIK he still hasnt gotten it!

11. thrasher

thrasher What's a Dremel?

sweet! :rock:

12. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

Nice work, that folding tft is great.
    Good job

- Sc0rian

13. audioman

audioman What's a Dremel?

possibly dangerous use of XLR connectors

I happened to find this project surfing the net. I just love the way the tft is painted. I'm probably gonna copy that for a project somewhere.

What I don't like is cables like this:
    [​IMG]

That might be ok for your application (switchcraft lists power handling capacity as 15A @ 125Vac), but the fact that somebody might stick one end to a power outlet and the other to a microphone, or another piece of audio gear is a risk. I got a heck of picture for my gallery's, I'll be happy to add a copyright notice to it (shall i put "Copyright of MR. Burritoman?), but do the pro sound community a favor and replace the xlr power conncetors with something else. Also, how did you wire the connectors (intrested in what would happen if somebody plugged that into a microphone)?

btw, the circular multipin connectors are probably called "veam connectors" if somebody was wondering.

--
    Timoteus Ruotsalainen

14. Satyric_saint

Satyric_saint What's a Dremel?

audioman
    Wow some one thinks there edu-micated. LOL
    Its his mod let him do what he wants and honestly how stupid would you have to be to plug something into a cord without checking where the other end was plugged into? Not to mention the only place he would be using his computer at that anyone would be using a mic most likely would be a Big lan party or convention. I think he is safe. And what do you think would happen if you plugged a mic into a wall outlet??? :rolleyes: it would fry whoever is holding the mic. :eeek: :hehe:
    I personally think his use of the audio wires is genius and I would like to incorporate the idea into my next mod.
    I don’t mean to flame but don’t try and make someone change there mod because you don’t like it. He likes his mod and has come up with some very ingenious ways to make it fit his theme. If he wanted it changed he wouldn’t have done it diffrent in the first place.

15. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Well this guy is most likly into pro sound stuff, so lets find some of his and find out what happens when you give a $15,000 music console 120vac. Hehe
    :hehe:

16. audioman

audioman What's a Dremel?

$15,000 get's you a about 32 channels (+/- 8 depending on brand/deal). Stick 120vac into a input and you fry a few components. Not that big of a problem. What I'm worried about is the people. for some unknown reason singers don't appreciate line voltage at their lips :D

The post was a little harsh. It's just that, seeing cables like that scares me.

Maybe you should try using powercon's. They are real power connectors, can handle 20A @ 220vac, can't be mistaken for a anything else, are locking.They are also the same size as a d-hole xlr panel mount, so if you made a "normal" xlr panel mount hole, you could use one of these instead. Just be sure not to get speakon's (they look kinda same).

[​IMG]
    Image copyright: Neutrik www.neutrik.com

--
    Timoteus Ruotsalainen

17. MrBurritoMan

yeah i see how you could be a little concerned however i am going to be the only one using this setup and i will be the only one setting it up so i am realy not worries about me plugging those cords anywhere i have not ment them to go.

yeah i have looked for alternatives for the power and i think that the XLR jacks are the way to go because they can handle quite a bit voltage wise. i am not worried about the amperage because this computer will probably never draw a whole lot of current.

those connectors that you have suggested look too new. i wanted the old metal look and i know that i could paint those ones but what could be better than painting them to look like old metal? if they already are old metal. eh anyway i just think that the ones that are on there look better, trust me i have sought out alternatives.

18. ShockSonic

ShockSonic What's a Dremel?

Almost reminds me of Zapwizards Ammo PC. I like the retractable screen though, truly and all-in-one. By the way, is that a custom plexi pc, and an Alienware on the shelf?

19. MrBurritoMan

thanks, yeah i did get the courage to do this from seeing zapwizard make his. i have always been a fan of ammo can PCs but never wanted to do it because they look kinda botched untill i saw what zapwizard did. that gave me ideas out my ears. i was looking for something that was ultra portable and inexpensive to upgrade when the newer games required more HW. that all finally came together in what you see here. my own ideas and some inspiration from zapwizard. i didn't want to use the same case that he had although i almost did. i just didn't want it to look like a clone.

[OFF-TOPIC]yeah i had to sell the parts for the plexi PC for money so it is no more however i still have a WC setup i am trying to get rid of as well as a mobo. no that is not alienware its a case that i got from compusa. i needed a new case fast when my origonal one fell apart a year ago. ever since i have grown to like it more and more. [/OFF-TOPIC]

20. bLu3

bLu3 What's a Dremel?

you r0ck dude! :rock: thats some really nice work. i like the old radio WW2 style... looks like a part of the medal od honor options menu (which is also in this style :) ) 5 stars from me :hehe: