1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: 6ig-83457 *¡*TONS of Pictures*!* -=Updated 12-11-05=-

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MrBurritoMan, 10 Jan 2005.

1. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

What tribes server you play. I play tribes every once and a while but not to many people play it anymore.

2. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

well sometimes my server is running and it is "Annihilation X-INfERNO" it has been a bit buggy lately and i have not had it running as much. i really like playing the anninilation mod btw. i sometimes play annihilation Skull Knockers. i am an old school gamer who has plyed tribes from the very beginning. :thumb:

good news the wind didn't blow down my painting hut. it looks like i will have this case all painted by the end of next week. :naughty:

3. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

[offtopic]Wow - Tribes? It's been a while since I've heard that - have you played Tribes Vengence yet?[/offtopic]

4. MrBurritoMan

nope, i have been too busy to look in to it. i have played tribes 2 and needless to say it is quite bouring without the annihilation mod. i am waiting for the annihilation team to port it over to the tribes 2 platform.... :wallbash:

5. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

enough of the Tribes talk i want updates

6. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

hmmm are you doing something physically (mod) to the card to make it an xt? or did you just install a large heat sink with a large fan and over clocked it?

7. CaseyBlackburn

he just put he heatsink and overclocked it

8. MrBurritoMan

kinda, i am unlocking the 4 "hidden" pipelines to make it a true 9800pro. that and the clock speed are basically the only thing that makes the 9800se different from the 9800pro and xt. yes after the whole process the clock will change and the processor will be unlocked. i just have not had much time to mess around with it. i have been trying to finish my 4mm0-83457 project(see siggy) :naughty:.

[EDIT]yes to answer your question i will be soldering the chip when i can diagnose it and make sure that it will accept the final settings[/EDIT] :D

9. CaseyBlackburn

cool well thats what i meant but whatever btw how is the painting on the ammopc

10. MrBurritoMan

its coming along nicely. the paint dries really quickly so i am using this feature to apply many coats to the KBso that it doesn't wear off easily. the part that is the hardest part to do is the keyboard because i am etching all of the keys with my dremel. this takes a while, and can be quite teidious. anyway yeah. i still want to think of a better way to remove all the powercoat from the 6ig-83457. the only way that i can think of is to use a sander and go at it but that can only get so much. i am really looking for a chemical, something like paint remover for powder coat to do the job. anyhow once i get home i will start working on the 6ig-83457. i will probably start sanding down the outside so i can get ready to paint it. i really wish i coud find my preliminary drawings that i made of this thing. i included panels that were blown out with soot marks and some panels had radioactive symbols and such made out of windows and fan grills. i thought it looked good BUT I LOST IT :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: . does that theme seem good to you guys? i think that the radioactive theme is a bit overdone however this case does not look like a normal tower and i think that it would fit just perfectly. comments, suggestions, rants? :naughty:

11. CaseyBlackburn

I like it the plan but i dont like the radioactive idea too over used maybe or something like full of poison or something ufo ish

for the sanding you can always sand blast it
    (in case your wondering because i always post soon after someone else posts i am on the internet 24/7 except when at school which i get on it in computer class)

12. MrBurritoMan

yeah i had the sinking feeling that you were going to say that.....eh. what about a acid theme? anybody think that would fit? i really want to know what you guys think about this.
    yeah i found some stuff at kragen that supposedly melts Powder coat right off metal. we shall see, i am going to pick some up on my way home and get to work. :thumb: more in a few hours!! :rock:

13. CaseyBlackburn

well the acid idea is nice but again you have to leave with the pc so do what you like we will just sit and waTCH

14. pumagt500

pumagt500 What's a Dremel?

Im waiting to see how that stuff from kragen works. Man you take to long :sigh:.

J/K :D
    Mod on :rock:

15. CaseyBlackburn

Yes can't what to see how it work out

16. MrBurritoMan

Update 1-25-05

well things have been humming along here and after a few phone calls to some powercoat shops to see what the secret to removing this CRAP is i HAVE FOUNT IT. the product is called Mar Hyde Tal Strip II and here is some of what i have done.

here is a blurry pic of the can because i was too excited to wait....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    it came out in a jelly format.....wierd oh yeah and when they say ventilated area they wern't kidding. i was outside and i don't feel good from the fumes.. :duh:

[​IMG]
    workspace (hijacked my nephews lunch table thing)

[​IMG]
    here is what it looked like after 1 min (looks promiseing)

and WHOLLY BATFLAPS GRANDMA IT WORKS!!
    [​IMG]
    and it only took about 10 min. and they wanted me to wait 30, i DON'T THINK SO....

comes off without a scratch.

well i decided to try the top of the panel and here is what happened
    i decided to jump in the lake with both feet
    [​IMG]
    not to shabby right?

[​IMG]
    after 10min (mmmmmm looking good (but smells awful) NOT TO SHABBY AT ALL!!

more in a few......a lot more.....

17. CaseyBlackburn

looks cool glad that is working out for you i might need to stock up on that stuff

18. pumagt500

pumagt500 What's a Dremel?

I gotta find some of that stuff.

19. JavaDog

JavaDog What's a Dremel?

I can't beleive you are doing that indoors. Did you read the side of the can?? :wallbash:

20. user0001

user0001 What's a Dremel?

Weird, mine is spray on stuff that doesnt smell too much. Didnt work too well on the original paint of my case, but it works great on the stuff I put on it!