1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: 6ig-83457 *¡*TONS of Pictures*!* -=Updated 12-11-05=-

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MrBurritoMan, 10 Jan 2005.

1. pumagt500

pumagt500 What's a Dremel?

I dont think he's indooors. Maybe outside or the garage.

2. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

no worries i wasn't doing it inside or in the garage. i was outside and the fumes were still REALLY strong. no worries :thumb:
    [EDIT]my first post was a bit sarcastic and i thought it best to make good on the situation, sorry[/EDIT]

3. JavaDog

JavaDog What's a Dremel?

Ah, saw what I thought was a couch and I was a little worried for your braincells. :D

Another good brand to use is "Aircraft Paint Remover". Suff is amazing, sold in all Auto-Parts stores.

Much better than sanding, eh? :thumb:

4. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

the beast is looking sweet, keep it up:)

- S

5. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

like the ammo beast another schweeeeet mod of yours. cant wait how this turns out. :rock:

6. MrBurritoMan

yeah i have this strange tendancy to build extremely large and HEAVY PCs. no idea what it is but i think its qctually quite fun, except of course when i have to pack up a go to a LAN party :sigh:. yeah i am kinda sick today so i might not get as much done as i was expecting to yesterday. but needless to say it will be alot more than i thought i would have had done a week ago... :thumb:

7. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

WHo needs brain cells

8. pumagt500

Not me.

9. MrBurritoMan

[EDIT] i am so wasted i posted alot of stuff in the wrong project :duh: :sigh: [/EDIT]

Last edited: 27 Jan 2005
  10. MrBurritoMan

in other news: it was too cold at my house and the stripping stuff would not work outside. there was no way i was going to attempt touse it in doors so i will resume work once the wether becomes more agreeable. :D

11. sizanx

sizanx What's a Dremel?

Hey :)

That ain't a 9800pro core in your gfx, it's a 9800XT (I can see R360 if I am not blind) :D 9800pro is a R350 chip :D I know because I have modded my 9800 pro with R360 to a 9800 XT ;)

12. MrBurritoMan

yeah i thought that but it will be difficult getting it to those speeds because it does not have the thermal protection chips that standard XT cards do; but knowing me do you guys think that will stop me? most certainly not :thumb:. yeah i will try to get it up to those specs later when i finish with this powder coat remover, man that stuff :rock:s. well cheers for now!!

13. MrBurritoMan

:wallbash: :duh: well mother nature seems to be working against me. the wind just demolished my painting hut last night and the wether is getting colder and colder. with the cold temperatures the chemicals will not remove the powercoat and the painting hut is (or was) the only place suitable for me to do any sort of quality painting work. they are saying that the wether is going to heat up and i am going to get home from work early tomorrow so hopefully i can finish using those nasty chemicals :sigh: :wallbash: :sigh: :duh: :sigh:

14. pumagt500

To bad about the hut. Be lucky its 0 degrees ferenheight here right now.

15. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

looks great dude!

16. Shinymod

Shinymod What's a Dremel?

love the case! although i would screw in a bit of sheet alu over that mobo plate, rather than the half covers... looking sweet though :)

17. CaseyBlackburn

yeah alu sheeting would have been better but with the pci blanks it looks a little more natural and plus everybody has pci blanks laying everywhere

18. MrBurritoMan

yeah to be honest i was feeling lazy and it did turn out pretty good for the amount of effort that i did put in to it. :worried: :p. yeah i just wish it would warm up here so i can use the chemicals to strip the powder coat.... :sigh: its strange before when i was starting this project the wether was perfect for what i need to do now. however as soon as i got the chemicals and tried to do the rest of the case it got just cold enough where i live to make them useless. :sigh:. i am thinking about another alternative for the case and i am somewhat hesitant to say it but what would you guys think of rusting the outside of the case? i know it has been done a billion times before but these chemicals that i got to remove the powder coat do a fine job of rusting the metal if you apply them straight on it. im still kinda iffy about it becaust instead of rusting an iron paint or coloring the outside i would actually be rusting the metal with an accelerant... :worried: not sure if this is a good idea....what do you guys think? i am thinking that that orange dust will rub off on everything (clothes, carpet, etc...).

[EDIT] i said alternative above and didn't mean an alternative to removing the rest of the powder coat, that is coming off either way. i ment alternative to painting the outside black[/EDIT]

19. CaseyBlackburn

hey do you have an extra rom in your house if you do remoive the stuff in it and keep the door closed and have fans going and have the window cracked and wear a mask when using it

20. MrBurritoMan

i do however i will not attempt such a thing. these chemicals are noxious even when used in an open enviroment. i wouldn't even imagine using them in doors. yeah with fans and stuff the air would be moving however i do not think that enough air would be moving to make the air breathe-able. good thought though! :thumb: