1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project 7" LCD Video Projector (+ some of home theater)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by nick[x1], 17 Jan 2005.

1. devenfore

devenfore LANCandy

Much better designed then the last. :) Looking great. GL. I was just thinking that it would be a cool idea to build it into a cheapo computer case, and then mod the computer case after you get it running. :)

As far as someone mentioned building a cheapo one. The most expensive parts in a cheapo one will still be the lighting. You can do this with a PSOne screen, or you can find someones old LCD monitor (ebay?) thats still works, but the backlighting is shot. I'm guessing that you could stay right around $150.00us for the whole thing if you were really careful.

2. nick[x1]

nick[x1] What's a Dremel?

Building the projector into a computer case is a good easy way, but i didnt want to do that, but cutting some parts of it out can be hard. You can make a projector for £50 or less, wont be that good but it can be done, just get a £5 floodlight from your local diy/gardening store, get a ps1 lcd or something similar and get the lenses cheap somewhere. Just the quality wont be that great.

From the top you can see the rear port panel at the bottom and the back of the mirror at the top.

[​IMG]

This is the lcd tunnel (what i have named it :D ) and you can see the broken lcd at the back of it.

[​IMG]

Here it is from the side, i put my sony erricson k700i in there so you can get an idea of the size (providing you have seen one before)

[​IMG]

3. nick[x1]

This is kind of the general layout of the insides, it all is held in lightly so that explains why its all off :p

[​IMG]

OOOOOOOOO look a working lcd :p all the text is tiny but its all readable :)

[​IMG]

Some crap spray paint work :p, it really dosent look this bad its just the angle and light etc :eeek:

[​IMG]

4. nick[x1]

This not very square bit of wood is for the back of the lens to hold it up. It is also to adjust it.

[​IMG]

Light box, with the kit for it and the fan psu and lcd psu :)

[​IMG]

This was my first mount for the frensels but i scrapped it because i didnt like it :(

[​IMG]

5. nick[x1]

Adn last pictrue for now

This is my new lcd, frensel mount :)

[​IMG]

6. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

looks good dude, but you should resize the last big its way too big. keep it up!

7. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

looking really great... loving this mod cause i've wanted a projector since... well, for a long time, but could never afford one. maybe i can follow your example and build one. i'll be keeping an eye on this thread :worried: :D

8. nick[x1]

Ooops sorry about the HUGE picture, I have tested all my fcc cables (all got brown marks on hmm) and the lcd wont work so i think i am going to order a new one (only $3) and give it a go and then maybe i can get it finished :D

9. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

This is a fantastic idea :rock:

Can't wait to see it progress further.

10. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

/me prods this project for an update

11. MaximumShow

MaximumShow Minimodder

looking good. I finished my 15" LCD projector not too long ago, but I'm waiting to borrow a cam to take pics of it.

12. nick[x1]

Well I broke the cheapo white fcc and havent ordered another, dont want to carry on incase i brake the lcd totaly :(

13. IYIENACE

IYIENACE What's a Dremel?

Any way to have the pictures up? I saw the 1st page and it looked very interesting, now all the pictures appear to be down. :sigh: Or is it just me?

Sorry for your misfortune on this project though, hope you can get it going again somehow.

14. nick[x1]

Well i got a psone screen just got to find the time to put it in will be poor but its better than my tv

And my server was down for a few mins so that might have been why the pictures were no9t working

15. IYIENACE

IYIENACE What's a Dremel?

:rock:

I'll be following this project. ^^

16. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

good work!

17. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

what the ****,,,,,,that is ****...............go get a life...go play with your self..better then that **** box

18. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

hacked account?

Nice work dude, keep it up - you've spent this much, you may as well get it to work :p

19. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

It would appear so considering the appauling grammar and punctuation. I would estimate an approximate age of around twelve years. And he says "get a life", that's rich.

Any updates on this project? It's looking good :thumb:

20. nick[x1]

Well havent played with the 7" lilliput yet to see if i can get it working

But put the 5" ps one lcd screen in place (the wrong way round) and got this!!

http://x1desk.com/images/projects/IMG_1970.jpg

Its out of focus, not at full brightness (was pretty good when it was running for a while)