1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: A.I. 2 *New pics April 10th - Focus on external PSU*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MadMac, 4 Feb 2003.

1. Reaper_Unreal

Reaper_Unreal Minimodder

#if ndef MSG_H
    #pragma offtopic

I believe that the 2 computers in one thing has been done before. It was an Athlon and a P4, both seperately watercooled inside probably the biggest case I've ever seen. I thought it was at ExtremeMhz.com but I can't seem to find it. Either way it was damn cool.

#pragma ontopic

That external PSU is really quite cool. I have a question though. I've wanted to do that before, but I was always stopped by cable length. How did you manage to get all of those cables long enough to go to the components inside? Was it just a lot of extension cords? Also, how did you manage to hide all of your PSU cables so well inside the case? I'm having a very tough time trying to get all of my wires from my Thermaltake 420W PSU hidden away.

#endif
    //Must stop coding...

2. JeffPH

JeffPH What's a Dremel?

nice case,

can u show me the botom part of ur 2 pc i like it (the glowing foot)
    and what did u use?

3. cjorli

cjorli What's a Dremel?

How were you able to bezel the plexi for the switch plate (so that the edges were angled)?

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Set the router to a 45o angle :D

5. cjorli

cjorli What's a Dremel?

Very nice effect!

6. MadMac

MadMac What's a Dremel?

Cable length was/is a BIG problem, since I wanted to leave the original mainboard cable intact.
    I'll provide some photos as soon as my digicam recharches, it's pretty clear once you see it.

The Molex cables were cut except for one, as were the "P4" and "server" (?) cables, so they all fit in the ext. case.
    I soldered some other, thicker cables to the stubs of the molex cables, those provide the power for cd-r, hdd, lighting, etc.
    Not quite, the router I'm allowed to use if older than myself, so I can't change the angle. However, I found a matching cutter (?) with a 45° angle, it's pretty dull, but still does the job for alu/plexi.

Thanks. :D
    One parts of the feet are made of the feet of an old CD-Player.
    The other part is a plexi dish normally used to put under the feet of furniture to converve expensive wood-floors. Those are sold in
    a local hardware store for ~10€/4 pieces.
    Again, pics will be added later, as I can't access neither my digicam nor my pic-archive now.

Cheers,
    Mac

Last edited: 25 Apr 2003
  7. gdiii

gdiii What's a Dremel?

Hi MadMac,
    I have a question regarding the setup of your floppy drop down door. How did you construct your hinges? Also, where can I find the spring-loaded catch that you used? Thanks,

Greg

8. the_modder

the_modder What's a Dremel?

I like your use of el wire :D

9. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Man that is so amazing :jawdrop:

Any guides on how to do those buttons ?

Like the power ones ?

10. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

A while back, one of the guys on the site (linear?) wrote an article on minimal pressure switches i.e. touch it and it's on.

I'm guessing you could make switches like these mounted on a little bit of perspex (just around the edges) which has some bl00 leds in it and beveled edges to catch the light?

They do look amazing though :) Ver, very nice :thumb:

11. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

damn nice case, i still love how professional everything is! i asked on the last page what the clicky things you used to hold the floppy door shut are called and no one seemed to know? i tried a tv repair shop & they didnt have any & i cant really google them if i dont know what im searching for? MadMac? sorry 2 bang on about these but its doing my head in! :lol:

many thanks,

RoB

12. SpeedFreak

SpeedFreak What's a Dremel?

Great job mate!! :dremel: :thumb:

very impressive stuff - i especially like the neatness of the inside - that was the first thing i did w/ my LL :)

anyway i have been planning the next mods to my lian li for a while now and your case has been great inspiration! so i'll do a log when i have all the gear bought and money etc.. :)

keep up the good work! :rock:

Cheers

13. DawN

DawN What's a Dremel?

Hi,

mine is the second LianLi on the pics, so I placed second at the DCMM 2003 with only .7 percent behind my friend MadMac.

The thing which holds the doors is called a "pushpush". We got that from a german store called Conrad (www.conrad.de).

The part attached to the bezzel is made out of plexiglas with a dremel.

For more pics and info (in german only) you can visit my site: www.hardware-mods.de

have fun and cu

14. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

hey!

Thanks, ive been just been looking at your site, (i noticed it in MadMac's sig), very nice! Thanks! finally i know what to search for, i just need to find out if they ship to the uk....

take care,

RoB