1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project A.R.E.S.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SaaintJimmy, 6 Oct 2020.

1. Karrek

Karrek Member

I really like where this is going - and your rotating core is unique and fabulous! Part of me wants to see a servo that can rotate the board automatically - either base on time or some other input (temperature, motion in the room, etc).

SaaintJimmy likes this.
  2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

LOVE IT! :D
    I'm guessing there will be some soft tubing behind the pivot. I'd sleeve that with something to make it slippery.
    With the gel glue, having a syringe of solvent to mix in and make it a little softer works great. I can't see anyone doing that with such a complex part, though. You'd need to blast out a ton of glue on glass, add solvent, smear it flat, and dip the part in it. Even then you'd get a stringy mess.

also: Where are you hiding the pump?

SaaintJimmy likes this.
  3. SaaintJimmy

SaaintJimmy Active Member

Thank you! I certainly thought about that but unfortunately I don't have enough space behind the panels to implement a motorized mechanism, neither I have the time to develop such thing, as the deadline is at the end of December and I still have lots to do. Plus the pivot system was initially meant to be something functional to the placement on the setup (left or right), so it's not supposed to be moved as often, just when you want to change side or angle :D

Thanks man! Soft tubing won't be visible as the rotating disks will serve as pass-throughs so soft tubing behind the panels only, I will see how it acts when rotating.
    Yeah mixing the glue with solvent may help with the density, I'll have to try that as well. But as you said, it's a fairly complex part and not a lot of surface to work on.

The pump will have its own special place that I'll show soon, not hiding it but making it part of the spaceship! :D