1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Alessandro 250: I'm Back- But Not For Long- PSU Sleeving Finished. 03/04/12

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by KidMod-Southpaw, 17 Feb 2012.

1. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

This update lacks comments. :D

Teelzebub likes this.
  2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Didn't even know there was an update :blush: so what's left to do on this now? looks close to ready for using. :)

3. KidMod-Southpaw

I just need to finish the power supply sleeving and get a small SSD, and possibly a storage drive too. That might be a while off though, I might have to find someone to finish the PSU for me.

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

This has come along a bit since the last time I looked in, Looking good Kid.

Teelzebub likes this.
  5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Pins giving you grief? really is the hardest part of sleeving a PSU IMO the rest is much more straight forward & not bad for the hands, the pins on the corsair one I did really didn’t want to release, definitely what can hurt your fingers & hand muscle the most, pretty much all pin release modding tools easily break because the pins need to be so slim to actually work & makes them very fragile which is why I just searched for a really strong sewing needle, grinded it to be thinner & jammed it in using pliers to release the pins holding tabs, sleeving is the least fun I’ve had in modding really, think I’d rather spend the time it takes to do it to make casings instead, I guess some get to really like doing it though once they get the right technique to release the pins nice & easy but until you get to that point sleeving is a git. :D

Teelzebub likes this.
  6. KidMod-Southpaw

Cheers Jeff. :thumb:
    Agreed. Yep, these Antec pins are b*stards but my main problem is after this operation, I can't generally find the time or strength to be pulling them out so hard.

7. xSoMBrAx

xSoMBrAx Minimodder

Hey Kidmod, that thing looks almost finished :)

I'm upset with Ferrari and what happend today @ Melbourne :(

Hope that tomorrow gets any better!

8. KidMod-Southpaw

It is almost finished, just need the PSU done and to get some form of storage. :)
    Cheers mate. :thumb:

9. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Once the pins holding tabs are released they slip out nicely on all psu's & to put them back in you just slide a razor into them & prize the tabs back open which lets them catch back into the plug.

Other alternative is buy the plugs & place a tag on each wire so you easily know which is which like numbers of 1 to 24 or 23 I think it is with 1 wire slot empty & make notes for where all the particular wires should go into the new plug & add the corresponding tags you put on the wires on the diagram also & simply cut the old plug off while laughing like a mad man with scissors because it's satisfying after it frustrating you :D & crimp new pins on the wires, that will be my method from now, so much easier. :D:rock:

Sleeving should be a few hours to do but if messing about trying to release pins getting frustrated & finding each & every one a nightmare to release it can take absolutely ages to do. :lol:

Plugs are usually less than £1 at mod supply stores & good stores have the whole range of what you would need.

10. KidMod-Southpaw

Might give that a go at some point, but judging by my strength at the moment, I might have to find someone else to finish it.

11. ProofInThePudding

ProofInThePudding Banned

There are a lot of mods out there that are badass.

Yours is not one of them.

This mod looks like ass, and that's bad.

Please, just listen to me here. Take your hardware out of that case, and throw it out. You ruined it.

• Don't sleeve wiring using larger sleeving than is needed, and make sure you cut it to length. That just looks sloppy.
    • Heatshrink should cover more of the plug, and provide a natural transition onto an even sleeve.
    • Don't try to upholster a metal interior when you have no idea what you're doing. All of the air bubbles and ripples are awful to look at.
    • Why are you putting fake vinyl on the heatsink? The glue's just going to give and you'll have a curled up bit of kindling in no time.
    • Why are you wasting time modding the interior, anyway? You don't have any windows in the case.
    • That PCI slot cover looks really, really stupid. Get rid of it.
    • And now here's some things you can do right with your next case:
    • Either get a case that already has black front wires (300R), or Vinyl dye yours to match.
    • Route your cabling well. It looks a lot better than random, poorly sleeved cabling going all over the place.
    • Lose the godawful kitchen cabinet lining adhesive paper.

Better luck next time, chum.

12. KidMod-Southpaw

I'd just like to quickly direct your attention to a very new forum member, named ProofInThePudding, he has joined the forum just to email me about my mod and how bad it is, here is the email:
    Before I give you the email, there's one thing I forgot to say: It's veneer you f*cking idiot, not vinyl!

Yes, some of these points are true. But I first want to see you start your own projects, and build up a reputation on this forum. If I was you, I would have had the balls to say what you did in public, not simply join the forum so you could email me to say that, it's just cowardly. I'll be watching your fourm activity- that's if you ever return and didn't just make your account for this sole purpose- to see if you actually contribute to the modding section.

Last edited: 17 Mar 2012
  13. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I think the case is good, and I agree that sleeving is a pain in the butt! I like the theme of the case, it's different than the standard red Ferrari themed ones and I think the veneer and silver trim work really well with it. Any plans to cover / remove the ISK on the front? Are the fan's staying blue or will those be getting painted?

Teelzebub likes this.
  14. KidMod-Southpaw

I think most of it is going to stay as is for now, we'll see.
    Thanks. :)

15. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

There's nothing like a know-it-all! :lol:

I'm just happy he's not gonna get you down with a pm like that!

I also agree, I'd like to see how/what he mods. The easiest thing in the world is to bash on others. Especially on a forum like this.

Keep it up! Personally I like the effort you put into your builds! :thumb:

16. KidMod-Southpaw

Cheers mate. It's obvious the quality and detail is nothing compared to other work on here, but I have fun doing it, and the end result looks good to me.

Anyway, he clearly never saw my scratch build. :hehe:

17. ProofInThePudding

ProofInThePudding Banned

Vinyl, Veneer, whatever. That mistake can't be any worse than your scratch build was.

I actually did mean to say this in "Public" so to speak (the open forums), but posts from new members require moderator approval, and very obviously they canned my response.

I don't need to demonstrate my skill to you, or prove anything to you. I already know that what I can do is leagues beyond your insulting efforts, and my attempts to get you to stop making this mockery of modding are in the interest of keeping this forum as what it has always been - a source of high quality content.

shrop likes this.
  18. KidMod-Southpaw

*Sigh*

You've tried it again, and by the sound of this other response, you've basically said you've been browsing this forum for years keeping an eye on the content:

That's the last I'll be making of your pathetic attempt to get me down, if you want to tell people how bad it is, stop being such a bloody coward and POST TO THE FORUM! If you're interested in "keeping this forum what it always has been", contribute yourself, prove to me, and everyone else what you can do. I'll ask the moderators to let your response be posted if you have such a need to do this.

Pathetic, just pathetic...

19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Mr Awesome of epic eliteness :clap:

Not :duh:

:idea: PooInThePudding :hehe:

Kidmod, don't even acknowledge such troll comments & mod on. :rock:

PooInThePudding, if it isn't constructive feedback STFU thank you, bit-tech to my knowledge isn't only for the best of modding, it's for the whole spectrum from beginners to masters & if your such a master be more constructive or STFU being rude & harsh, it's not nice. :)

20. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I'm not sure who you are or where you come from, but go back there. This forum needs decent people who try a lot, more than it needs stuck up wannabe elitists who may or may not be good at modding. 2 week ban - you post anything with hint of unfriendiness again and it's forever

edit: Scratch that, AstralWanderer - if you want to flame someone then don't use the same IP for both your troll and normal accounts. Both of your accounts are permabanned.

Last edited: 19 Mar 2012
    Blazza181 and Waynio like this.