1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: AlumaxX (Dutch champion casemodding 2006! )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Franklin, 28 Dec 2004.

1. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

My Aquacomputer parts will arrive tomorrow :clap: :clap: :clap:
    I missed the deliveryman today but he will return tomorrow so I can start modding again. Just can't wait. If you guys want I can post some pictures of the AQ stuff. It is nothing that hasn't been shown here on the forum before. Just the normal watercooling parts from AQ.

2. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Hey Franklin, great to hear you'll be back in business :rock:

Quick question - how did you cut the drive covers so perfectly?

Now I'm waiting for my AC gear - same problem a lack of the 6800 rev 2.0

3. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

All by hand Xarig. It took me about 4 hours to finish a cover. Just take all the time for it. I Started with a handsaw. Then filing and then sanding. The sanding gives the piece its final look. Lay down the sanding paper on a mirror or a piece of glass ( is absolutely flat ) and just keep sanding the acrylic till it has the right size. I taped down the sanding paper on a piece of glass. So you don't move the sandingpaper over the acrylic part, but the other way around. Move the part over the sandingpaper.

4. mafia11671

mafia11671 What's a Dremel?

You gotta show the parts, seen them before or not. Time to get the Dremel dremeling, and the sander sanding!!!
    Mafia

5. Razor_cut

Razor_cut What's a Dremel?

Hows it going Franklin?

Fitting any AQ gear into the case yet?

Hope it turns out fine :dremel: :thumb:

6. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

I just got home from work. My father was so kind to wait for the delivery. The stuff just looks the way you can expect from Aqua Computer, GREAT!!!

[​IMG]

First I have to read on the AQ website how to install the parts, because there comes no manual with the stuff.

7. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

YUM YUM :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I love the AC kit :jawdrop:

8. Pitbull

Pitbull What's a Dremel?

MMm heeel netjes

MM very nice!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Hmm... seeing those Aquagra's next to a twinplex, they're smaller than I thought. I'm notorious for not getting sizes in pictures but considering that I know how big a 6800 is...

In any case, can't wait to see it installed! Be careful doing it though, I've heard that it's fairly easy to mess up and kill a card :eeek:

10. Razor_cut

Razor_cut What's a Dremel?

You better start polishing thous blocks! Would look great. The block normaly are nicely done also :thumb:

11. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Maybe this photograph gives you a pretty good idea how big or small the aquagraFX is Firehed

[​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Sep 2005
  12. Machine

Machine What's a Dremel?

Franklin: you have some crazy skills with plexi :dremel: .
    cant wait to see more :rock:

13. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Franklin that looks like an XFX board, is it the 6800 GT or ultra? I've got a couple of 6800 GTs and it would be reassuring to know that the Aquagrafx I have on order will fit them.

I've just reread your log and if you don't mind I think I might 'borrow' your design for the hard drive's mounting bay you made.

Keep up the great work - you've also tempted me to buy another GB of the Corsair Ram - I have 1GB of the same. I thought I read somewhere that XP is slower with over 1GB do you know anything about that?

Keep up the great work :thumb: :thumb:

14. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

I use two XFX 6800 GT cards and the AQ blocks fit just fine. Ofcourse you can use the design for the harddrivebay. I'm honoured that someone likes it so much that he wants to make one like this himself.

I haven't read anything about XP and the memory.

15. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Thanks for that Franklin :thumb:

I'm just messaging Jessica at Leftclicks.co.uk and my order should be in stock tomorrow :rock: CeBIT has caused the delay. Can't wait to get cracking on my cooling circuit!

16. Thorn

Thorn Gaijin Studios

nice... jobs ! :clap:

17. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

The only thing I know is it's pointless to get 4 gigs:
    a) Windows can't address that much ram
    b) in A64 systems (maybe all), it forces the ram to run at DDR333, maybe even single channel, which would slow it down enough to remove any benefit there may have been. That's with any 4-stick setup though. 4x512 would be the same.

18. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

I found the following in the ASUS support files Firehed

To be more compatible and stable with some memory modules, the default clock will be at 333MHz if four DDR400 memory modules are plugged on the A8N-SLI. But you still can set at 400MHz manually in the Bios to gain better performance. Moreover, in order to get best performance and compatibility, please choose those memory modules which are verified by us. You can get the QVL from the link below.

So it is possible to override the default settings when using 4 memory modules.

After some trouble the last couple of weeks with long waitingtimes for some parts I needed, now things seem to speed up rapidly. Tomorrow the AMD FX-55 and the last acrylic plates ( needed for managing the hoses ) will be delivered. Nothing can stop me from modding the coming weeks.

Last edited: 24 Mar 2005
  19. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fellow Asus A8N Sli owners rejoice, the power is coming...........muuuuhhhhhhaaaahhhaaaaa.

20. mafia11671

mafia11671 What's a Dremel?

Glad you are getting all your parts that you need, waiting on parts seems to take forever, even if it is the next day. :D
    One other thing, can you show a picture, if possible, of what you are talking about concerning the acrylic and the mirror as far as cutting and shaping? Thanks in advance. Look forward to the work you will be doing in the near future!! :dremel:

Mafia