1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: AlumaxX (Dutch champion casemodding 2006! )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Franklin, 28 Dec 2004.

1. Rufus-Seal

Rufus-Seal Guest

Franklin, can i have you case:p?

2. LightStar

LightStar What's a Dremel?

Wow nice project you got there keep up the good work

3. jackjr

jackjr What's a Dremel?

Just have to say real quick that I just read through this entire thread and am amazed - I love the quality and craftsmanship that you're putting into this case. Glad you're taking your time and getting it right. My favorite part of the mod? Dual watercooled PSU's. Man - *that's* cool...

4. Razor_cut

Razor_cut What's a Dremel?

This looks really nice #337

With the second 1048 near the PSU :impressive:!

5. dex2407

dex2407 What's a Dremel?

man this is amazing but a couple of things

1 i think the res in the front would look better if it was flush with the plexi
    2 the cover for the lcd on the drive bay has the alu over the plexi but every where else the plexi is on on top of the alu it might look better if it was swapped.
    just an idea

ur craftmanship is spot on keep it up

6. Franklin

Franklin What's a Dremel?

I like the reservoir better as it is now. I kinda breaks the green.
    The LCD cover will look better when all the plates are polished and when the lights are turned on. The green will reflect on the alumium plate behind it.

7. invalid

invalid What's a Dremel?

Just wanted to post and say that I love this case. UV acrylic is not my thing, so that says alot. Its the cleanliness of it and the patience in carrying it out.

Nothing but props from me.

8. Franklin

If someone that isn't into UV acrylic likes a case with much UV acrylic, I must be doing something right :D Thanks. No updates today. I did some brain gymnastics today :hehe: I have to decide how the waterloops will be, to determine where to make holes in the aluminium plates for the hoses.

small preview of what is going to be the last work on the stealthing plates.

[​IMG]

These aluminium plates will come in the bottom comparment of the case.

[​IMG]

There are openings for the PSU's, pumphousing, the cables from one of the PSU's and the small gap is where the two plates come that are already in the case. The ones that keep the cables from the harddisks out of sight. When I have finished this all I have to do is drill holes for all the hoses and polish all the plates.

The first of the three plates is ready.

[​IMG]

and with the plate in place, seen from the back.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 17 Jun 2005
  9. Franklin

And the second one is finished.

[​IMG]

one half of the compartment is closed now.

[​IMG]

Just attach those two parts with some bolts and they are ready to be sanded and polished.

10. Razor_cut

Razor_cut What's a Dremel?

Tight and nice. Will look great with some shine attatched.

:thumb:

11. Franklin

Finished the last plate.

[​IMG]

To mount I will have to remove the harddisk rack first. I can mark all the places in the case that have to be drilled for the hoses. The plan for the waterloop is ready. The first loop will be:

pump-->radiator (top)-->Northbridge-->CPU-->GPU (under)-->GPU (top)-->reservoir-->flowmeter and back to the pump

The second loop

pump-->radiator (front of case)-->radiator (back of case)-->PSU (top)-->PSU (bottom)-->HDD (bottom)-->HDD (top)-->flowmeter-->reservoir and back to the pump again

There will be some nice curves in the loops and some nice details. I cost me a lot of time to figure out loops that will also look very nice.

Last edited: 3 Sep 2005
  12. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

I love the way the parts in your project are made with precision. Excellent work :D :hip:

13. Franklin

Thanks Leeum. I'm glad it is visible that I try to make things as perfect as possible. I'm not a fast modder, but some things need good thinking before starting. I feel so happy with the plans for the waterloops. There will be some nice details in it. The stealthing plates come in quite handy for the waterloops. Three days of brain gymnastics paid of :rock: :rock: Just can't wait to show the loops here.

14. waitandbleed

waitandbleed What's a Dremel?

OOOOOO me like. All of these people who have got the Powermac G5 lookin case defiantly dont have as nice of a case as this! This mod is sweet! Just fix those eject buttons. (Yes I know someone said something already. Just a helpful reminder :D)

15. Franklin

Don't worry, those eject buttons will get all the attention they deserve. That's the problem I have, every time I finished something I get an idea for another detail.

16. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

VERY nice work Franklin.. Also very original, you have some true innovations contained within this project.. :thumb:

17. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

sweeet mod. Are you going to paint the drive under the acrylic? That eject button looks a bit... beige.

18. XplicitContent

XplicitContent What's a Dremel?

This project is looking great. I love the acrylic green. How much does that case cost and what brand is it? Something like Li2000 or something?

Subscribed.

19. Wesker

Wesker What's a Dremel?

Its a Lian Li v2000

20. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.