1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: AlumaxX (Dutch champion casemodding 2006! )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Franklin, 28 Dec 2004.

1. Franklin

Franklin What's a Dremel?

@ AJB2K3: Thanks, but it's not finished yet. Need to take care of some details, the acrylic windows and ofcourse the hardware problem.

@ Leeum: I can't get into the BIOS. That's the problem at the moment. The hardisks are formatted, you can see the formatscreen at the back of this photo.

[​IMG]

I was installing my Windows XP and after the restart no more display. I'm beginning to loose all my faith in ASUS and the A8N boards now. I started to search different forums for people with the same problem and I can't say i't gives much confidence, many people with simular problems but no answers. I will take everything apart and test it outside the case. Hope I will solve the problem.

@ customholle: Do you mean this spot?

[​IMG]

This is an opening so you can see the chromed radiator. The gap will be closed with some aluminium plating later on. It looks a bit "jagged" but that is because the alumium cover isn't attached yet with the bolts that keep it in place.

@ aon`aTv.gsus666": Thanks, it was one of my goals for the project to keep a clean look and it wasn't easy, because I watercool so many parts.

2. customh

customh conflagration.

yes that spot, is it sort of a messy cut?

3. Franklin

I don't know what you see. All the cuts are straight there.

[​IMG]

here a picture from the cover only.

[​IMG]

4. customh

customh conflagration.

It just looked jagged... pic must have foobarred it

5. Big SturL

Big SturL What's a Dremel?

Ahh, this case is soo nice! Makes me wanna mod my V1000B (not really :p)

6. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

It's amazing and I like its look so clean.. :rock:

Gian

7. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

why isnt this on the front page yet :grr: :D

8. hobogoblin

hobogoblin What's a Dremel?

I too have a v2000 and all i can say is WOW! Excellent work man,My case should be up over the next few days watch out for Project bL@nG*.

9. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

awesome case mod, I love the watercooling setup and the thought you put into the routing of the tubes, wires etc. Will be visiting regulary to see when you get it fired up and working properly.

Will look out for your next mod.

10. Franklin

Today the hoses arrived that I will use for testing the parts seperately. Hope I will have time to do some testing this weekend.

Started with the plexi that will cover the windows. I use one big piece of acrylic to cover both windows.

[​IMG]

I added a small detail on the side of the acrylic. This is just between the two windows.

[​IMG]

On 22 and 23 april I will take part in the NKCM, what stands for the Dutch Championship Casemodding. Whatever place it will be I'm happy with the result of my first serious casemod.

11. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Looks great Franklin and I wish you good luck in the competition, although for anyone to beat you they would vae to have some sort of serious case.

12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

God knows you can be proud son. :D
    This is one of the best mods over here at BT imho. Much work spent on details... that makes it stand out.
    Good luck for the NKCM though.

13. customh

customh conflagration.

Looking forward to seeing the "i got 1st place!!" post

14. Ediejo

Ediejo What's a Dremel?

Also I give him a big chance to win the 1 place, at the nkcm. :rock:

15. Franklin

Thanks for all your support guys for the Dutch casemodding championship, I will need it. I've seen a lot of great cases that take part in the competition. I'm glad you don't join the competition Ediejo :thumb:

I didn't have much time to do some modding last couple of weeks. Only did some work on the sidepanel and this will be finished this week.

Because I will visit Australia this summer I had to do a lot of planning. It was a dream of me to go to Australia once. Will travel from Holland to Sydney and travel along the coast to Canberra, Melbourne,Victoria, Adelaide. From here I will fly to Darwin to stay and visit the Kakadu National Park for some days.

16. tacticus

tacticus What's a Dremel?

bah you should try and get about 6 days extra and drive from adelaide to darwin there is some amazing territory along the way

also drive carefully
    welcome to my part of the world :)

its still a bit warm so it might be best bet not to hit central au

17. gvblake22

gvblake22 mmm, yep

Definately one of the better mod projects I've seen. The attention to detail is never compromised and the sheer ammount of planning this project must have required has got to be incredible (I know because I'm in the process of trying to plan a mod myself).
    Excellent, excellent work Franklin!

18. Shnitzle1

Shnitzle1 What's a Dremel?

is there anyway you could post some vids of your rig running?

this is a work of art and I would definately like to see more :rock:

19. Touchwood

Touchwood What's a Dremel?

You appear to be well organised so I think you are going to produce a real pro job on this mod. Can't wait to see the finished project. Good luck!

Touchwood

20. Franklin

At the moment all the hardware is out of the case, just to be sure everything works, before it will all be installed. I tested the system with memory sticks that are on the qualified vendors list and this seems to be the solution. I have installed windows XP now. I still have some problems to getting the system to run stable, so I'll update the drivers and BIOS and do some further testing. The mod just has to be finished before 22 of april, for the Dutch modding championship.

I have never had so many different problems with hardware as with this computer, but now everything work fine. At last. I didn't take any chance and tested everything outside the case. Installed Windows XP in RAID0 and installed everything that had to be installed. This weekend I can put everything back into the case, so I'm sure it will be finished in time for the photoshoot that will take place in about two weeks.

Off topic: I'm very curious who won the AC Ryan contest, still nothing on the AC Ryan website.

Last edited: 15 Mar 2006