1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Ammo Case v.2.0

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by f U z ! o N, 9 Apr 2004.

1. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

w00t my first project log. ive been back and forth about projects for over 2 months. i went from cubes, to ammo cases, to bunches of other stuff. i used to be into just regular modding like painting cases, lights, blowholes, all the normal stuff. then i happend to come across this site a while back and saw zapwizards ammo case. thats when it changed forever. i loved how it looked. ive alwasy been into sci-fi and military stuff. i ordered 2 ammo cases from www.colemans.com. however, when they got here i realized out of careless stupidty my stuff wouldn't fit. there was just no way to fit my watercooling in there. so i came up with an answer. i would build my own ammo case from wood, plexiglass, and aluminum. and now here is one pic of the start of this project.
    HOWEVER, this is a note. i made the bottom frame of it 23" by 22". the inner size is 20" by 19". again a stupid mistake as it just too friggin big. so tomorow i will recut the wood and size it down to an outside size of 19" by 18" and an inner size of 16" by 15". so without further ado, heres the frame as of now (the big one)
    [​IMG]
    this project will have elements from the Orac and some other stuff ive picked up here and there.
    tomrow i should have the new frame ready and more pics

2. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

your going to make it out of wood? :hehe:

3. Twitch

Twitch What's a Dremel?

?...alright, sounds interesting, to say the least...

4. f U z ! o N

BAH guess i didnt explain enough
    ok here goes. the frame will be made out of wood. the top and sides and bottom will be made of plexi and covered with sheet metal or just aluminum panels. i dont know yet. i have to see how much it will cost. the aluminum will be polished. the only thing that is wood is the frame.
    hope that helps.
    oh yeah the case will be made to look like the ammo case in the pic.

5. Jesterjedi

Jesterjedi What's a Dremel?

Cool idea can't wait to see it completed.

Btw can i lend your camera heh

6. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

you should bend it, shape it by hand, ie.. take a hammer. :naughty:

7. f U z ! o N

lol.....

8. Fubar

Fubar What's a Dremel?

where does the ammo box come in?

9. f U z ! o N

the ammo box in the pic was just a size comparison but like i said i have to redo the frame
    ill have pics up tomrow
    im trying to build a case thats a bigger version of that ammo case

10. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Is it just me or does that look like zaps case...

11. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

its the same
    but as he sed, its just a comparasing.. he won't be using it
    L

12. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

am i the only one who has noticed the zombie toes in the pic lol anyway i was thinking of making something like this (like one of those aluminium breifcases(who named them that its not like you carry breifs in them(sorry i'm not rambling i'm just dumb))with plexi for the whole thing xcept the handle)

13. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ok, wow, yeah this should be interesting.............................

14. f U z ! o N

HEY LEAVE MY TOES ALONE LOL
    i wear a size 14 shoe :D
    im getting ready to go work on the frame again and have it up in about a hour or 2

15. f U z ! o N

sorry for the double post but the way its looking i won't be able to work on this case till saturday.

so until then heres a brief summary of what i plan to do with this case

first, in case no one has noticed i plan to build a larger version of the ammo case zapwizard used using wood/acrylic/and aluminum

next, the case will have sides like eddie the dane's wooden htpc in a uv green or blue color. it will be lit up

the top of the case and the bottom will be made to resemble the top and bottom of the ammo case (the indentions in the material) and such using 2 pieces of acrylic covered in aluminum. kind of hard to describe but ull see in time

the front will have a vfd, cathode and fan controls, cdrom, floppy, usb hub, sound ports and mouse/keyboard ports relocated to front, possibly an 80mm fan for intake and a bunch of other stuff.

the mobo ports will be at the back of the case

the case will either be painted black or highly polished aluminum, i want u guys opinon on that

i plan to use a lot of leds and the case will be watercooled

there will be 4 120mm fans for air

the diamond on the ammo case will be a special thing that i am not gonna say right now :D
    thats about it for now
    i hope to get that stupid frame re built on saturday and get this project moving

16. f U z ! o N

ok guys ive gotten all the pieces of the frame cut and ready to go. i decided to leave it the big size of 23 by 22 cuz i may need the room. if not, then i have extra space for who knows what. ok here are the pics
    this is the board i used, a 2 by 4. i just about used all of it.
    [​IMG]
    next, all the pieces of the frame.
    [​IMG]
    next, the corner piece screwed in
    [​IMG]
    finally, a mockup of the frame done. it started getting dark outside so the frame will have to be finished tomrow. i still have to add a piece across top on the front and back.
    [​IMG]
    it looks kinda crooked cuz its not screwed in yet. the frame will also have some bars running across to mount stuff too but i ran out of time today to work on it so it will come tomrow. if i have time and money the front and back will have plexiglass attached and painted black. also the frame will get painted black too if i have the time.
    thats all until tomorow or whenever i get time to work again.

17. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

thats coo so far............i will be really amazed if you can actually get it to look like the origional case.........

18. f U z ! o N

thats what im hoping for. the sides of course are gonna be different but the top and bottom are gonna prove a challenge

19. DrillSgt

DrillSgt What's a Dremel?

mmmm ammo case....

Why not just use a bigger ammo case?

20. derbaum

derbaum What's a Dremel?

i think this one, for the 25mm cartridges looks just perfekt. the others are more ore less those boring green boxes.