1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Andromeda - July 29th, FINAL ASSEMBLY! take a look, Pg. 4

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Thacrudd, 29 May 2008.

1. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

Some Assembly Required

After spending the last week working on the paint and a couple small things I was able to start putting it together. It is still not quite done but I am on the verge of completion. Here's how it looks as of now.

ASSEMBLY​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still have some issues that I need to take care of but for the most part it's done. I still have to get the applique from the print shop also. I'll post completed pics as soon as it's done. Let me know what you think!

2. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

im going to be striate with you, the in side of the case is beautiful. i hope you have a great window tho show it off. just needs the tiniest bit of cable management. im not crazy about the case you started with, but the insides are beautiful

the psu and the graphics card cover are crazy

3. pksjaveed

pksjaveed Nmodz: modding the world

the sides are just pure sexy!!! especially the acrylic .. nice job man haha you started this project after me and ended before me ... now i know im slow !! congradz .. i defenitely have to say you turn a crappy lookin case into a beutifuly sexy one ... heck dont even put a side panel on it looks awsome without it.. like tec said maybe spend a little more free time on wire management

4. Thacrudd

Thanks guys for the nice comments, I appreciate them :thumb:

I actually don't even know what I was thinking when I bought this case 5 years ago lol. That's why I decided to mod it, it was hideous!

I totally agree with you and Tec, the cables are really crazy. I did a temporary job on them to get them out of my way while working on it. It's also pretty hard to work with a non-modular PSU and have 3 IDE devices in there as well :D

5. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i knew this would turn out great, i think white is making a big come back! already planning my lian li to go white, been waiting 7 months now!

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I really like the outcome!

That white paint looks mint!

(I like your kitty.)

7. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

Wow, nice one! The insides look awesome, but I don't really like the shape of the letters. They look too messy in my opinion, a little more filing would have been nice.

8. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

i know what you mean. you want to get the thing together and some smaller details can go out the window

as for ideas for cable management. go behind the mobo tray if at all possible (i ended up having to cut out bits from my 900 to get the wires hidden) and round IDE cables are your friend. they take up more room than sata but less than a normal IDE

i love the wite and i think you did a great job with the free hand cutting you did on your plexi

9. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Very sleek and sexy. Glad to see it all came together well. Excellent work.

10. badje

badje boni

Just read this worklog because it was nominated for motm. Your first 2 pages I thought omg, but you final page AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. You get my vote. I like it.:clap::clap::rock::thumb::jawdrop::dremel:

11. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Beautiful mod.. And to think it came from something so ugly...

The colours just work so well, I love it.

12. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Congratz on making MOTM mate.

13. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

I love the look of this mod, especially considering the case you started with. You've got my vote for MOTM.

14. FeRaL

FeRaL What's a Dremel?

Thacrudd, did you use your airbrush to pain the whole case, or did you use rattle cans as well?

15. Thacrudd

Thank you all for your kind words and support. I'm honored to be nominated for MOTM. If you like what you see, VOTE!

Thank you, the letters arent actually as bad as they look in the pictures. They were actually scaled down from a larger picture it kinda muddled them up and made them look uneven lol.

Thanks Tec, I worked last night on getting the cables a bit more organized. I am using round IDE cables and the chrome/silver cable sleeving I used is conductive so I have to be careful what they touch. It's amazing how much time you can spend routing cables around :)

Glad you like it :D

Yeah it totally looked pretty rough all the way up until the end. I try to keep all the protective films on and delay the paint for as long as possible to keep from goofing them up while working on it.

It definately was an ugly case, I hope I was able to give it a suitable facelift.

I'm glad you like it, I appreciate the support! :thumb:

I used Duplicolor white rattle cans. The color and quality of the actual paint was pretty good, though I usually swear by Rustoleum

Thank you all once again, I couldn't have done it without you. Please stay tuned as it is not done yet, and I should have another update in a couple of days.:thumb:

16. bwuggley5

bwuggley5 What's a Dremel?

That is nice, the tidy up inside the case makes the whole case look good and a very nice paint job.

17. ThaNerd

ThaNerd What's a Dremel?

It's cute, for sure, but i have concerns about painting the fans and CPU dissipator, and about not having a side window. That'll lead to so much dust! Or maybe i'm just stupid?

18. Frido

Frido Minimodder

Looks nice, like NASA's cleanroom! Nice job there fella!!
    Did anyone mention Moonbase Alpha? :D

Only thing missing is to mod the LED on the DVD-drive to be green to keep the theme intact :) You gonna? ;)

/Frido

19. Cigano

Cigano \O/

Very good loved his case! There was very fascinating, congratulations you did a great job!

20. StrikerOfDeath

StrikerOfDeath What's a Dremel?

Tags: