1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Anima Mundi

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by endscape, 6 Mar 2007.

1. endscape

endscape Minimodder

Well I have good news and bad news.

I thought I was going to have a wonderful update involving a painted, glued, and lit cube that was literally two steps from completion. Instead, I have to start over from the beginning.

I was/ am using Krylon Fusion, a paint that has worked very well for me in the past. I wiped down all the parts, masked off the edges, stuck on the templates for my artwork, and started laying down the paint. It spidered webbed on me (can't remember the technical term, orange peel only much less dense). Okay, I figure, I'll just sand the effected pieces down, clean it better, and start again. Then I flipped one of the pieces over, and found this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The plexi cracked along the webbing. I have never had this happen, ever. It made the stuff so brittle it cracked in half just from being tossed on the bench. :mad:

Worst case scenario, I have to redo the entire case from scratch. Best case scenario, I save most of the panels, and Anima Mundi gets a twin because I've already cut all new panels.

Just by the by, my buddy Paul hung out all night and took pictures with his snazzy camera (I want to say it's an xTI, plus some fancy lenses, but photography is his hobby, not mine). So if you want to go check his snapshots out, you can click HERE

2. endscape

endscape Minimodder

Hope! Slight cracking in a couple small spots. Saved all but the top panel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well look what I just so happened to cut? Enough panels to build Anima Mundi's twin brother? Perhaps...

[​IMG]

Not identical twins though. What am I doing here?

[​IMG]

3. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Hey man, your project is really cool, and the "Anima Mundi" name reminds me my trip to Gruyere to see the Giger Museum... Go on, I'll follow this thread!

4. Neji

Neji What's a Dremel?

That's too bad about your setback but I'm sure you'll come back stronger. I guess you're not making an exact copy of the original now.