1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Aqua Stealth *UPDATE 04/08/05*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Autobot, 9 Feb 2005.

1. Deep-Blue

Deep-Blue Part-time Overclocker

Dude i'm loving this. I love mods that involve NON STANDARD casing etc.

How are you planing to mount the motherboard? You gonna cut the back to fit it there? Or how about mounting the motherboard somewhat centered but towards the bottom, then making some small 2inch patch leads to mound the ports independantly?

Deep-Blue

2. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Lovely work, nice and clean setup so far :D Go on, powdercoat the frame of the case :)

3. Autobot

Autobot What's a Dremel?

The motherboard will be at the back of the case, but it will be angled about 30 degrees facing the the front of the case. The 2 HDDs will be mounted in a pair of Aerocool HB-101 HDD heatsinks and will be placed between the motherboard and the HC shroud. Bracketry will be fabricated so that the heatsinks will be overlapping each other on their sides facing the side panel and tilted back about 20 degrees. With the 2 120mm fans blowing across the Aerocool HDD heatsinks, HDD overheating will not be an issue. The fans will also blow across the NB heatsink and regulator heatsinks on the motherboard. The air will be exhausted passivly through a series of triangular vents simular to those on the front door of the case. :D The only fans inside this case will be the 2 120MM fans in the HC shroud. The power supply will be mounted underneith the case with proper filtering to keep out the dust bunnies. :thumb:

As for the painting of the case, I have chosen a nice hammer finish by Rustoleum. I simply do not have the money for powdercoating.

Last edited: 18 Mar 2005
  4. Autobot

Autobot What's a Dremel?

UPDATE 04/08/05

Well its been a bit since I updated my log, so here we go with some new tidbits. :)

Today I recevied some new components to help my system chug through some gaming.

Da new shtuff....
    [​IMG]

Unpackaged...
    [​IMG]

Just a nifty picture of the CoreCell chip. I just thought it looked neeto...
    [​IMG]

Retail AMD Athlon64 3500+ "clawhammer core"...
    [​IMG]

What the mystery white box was conceiling...
    Yep, DangerDen TDX-64 w/ nozzle kit...
    [​IMG]

A picture of the internals through the inlet barb...
    [​IMG]

DangerDen really needs to check-up on who is doing their lazer-etching...
    [​IMG]

Anyways, thats it for now. New stuff entails an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard, AMD Athlon64 3500+ processor and DangerDen TDX-64 CPU waterblock w/ oddly labled nozzle kit. :)